Khan Academy is looking for talented product designers to create a free virtual classroom for the world. Join us on our mission to provide a free world-class education for anyone, anywhere.
The design team is still small, highly leveraged, and we expect every member to be making contributions across the board. As a good candidate, you will have a great portfolio with a string of successful projects in your wake. Your friends and coworkers think of you as the go-to person for at least two of these:
- User Experience design
- User Interface design
- Graphic design
- Navigation and information architecture
We offer the following benefits:
*We may be a non-profit, but we reward our talented team like a for-profit*
- Highly competitive salaries and annual bonuses
- Ample paid time off as needed – we are about getting things done, not face time
- Delicious catered lunch daily plus tons of snacks and beverages
- The opportunity to work on high-impact software that's already defining the future of education
- A fun, high-caliber team that trusts you and gives you the freedom to be brilliant – we treat new hires more like co-founders
- Awesome team events and weekly board game nights
- The ability to improve real lives
Oh, and we offer all those other typical benefits as well (401(k) + 4% matching, & comprehensive insurance: medical, dental, vision, life)
- US, Canadian, Australian, or Mexican citizenship, US Residency, or other authorization to work in the US
And in case you didn't know...
We’re fun, quirky people at heart who believe that shipping beats perfection. We have built a talented development team with industry leaders from Google, Facebook, Microsoft, Pixar, Fog Creek, McKinsey, hedge funds and tiny startups. Together, we’re a small but elite team, deeply invested in your future. We believe that no organization will be as invested in developing you as a professional.
HOW TO APPLY
Along with your resume please provide:
A) Your portfolio, or even better, living breathing projects that you've worked on and helped to succeed
B) A cover letter including a brief explanation of why you'd like to join Khan Academy
- Our Design team featured in the news: http://gigaom.com/2014/02/25/how-khan-academy-is-using-design-to-pave-the-way-for-the-future-of-education/
- Sal’s TED talk: http://www.ted.com/talks/salman_khan_let_s_use_video_to_reinvent_education.html
- Lead designer Jason Rosoff'’s blog: http://shipordie.com
- Our team: http://www.khanacademy.org/about/the-team
- Interview with current designer Marcos Ojeda: http://www.khanacademy.org/talks-and-interviews/v/marcos-ojeda
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.