Khan Academy is a nonprofit education technology organization with a mission of providing a free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere. Over 15 million learners, teachers, and parents around the world use Khan Academy each month. Duck Duck Moose, an award-winning creator of educational mobile apps for children, is now part of the Khan Academy family. The team has recently launched Khan Academy Kids, a free, fun educational program with thousands of activities and books to inspire a lifetime of learning for children ages 2-6.
The Khan Academy Kids team is looking for a dynamic Office Manager to join the team. Candidates must have the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate will be an organized, detail-oriented, enthusiastic individual with an interest in kids and technology. Our Office Manager will be responsible for running the office on a day-to-day basis, being the front line support for our employees and visitors, and pitching in for whatever needs to be done. We are a 10-person team in San Mateo, CA.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring cleanliness and functionality of all office spaces and equipment (e.g., kitchen, dishes, computers, printers)
- Managing weekly bill pay and expense reports
- Ordering food and office supplies
- Organizing daily lunch orders
- Supporting HR in employee onboarding, contractors
- Managing mail and shipping needs
- Communicating key events with team members
- Planning team events, parties, birthday celebrations
The ideal candidate will have:
- 2+ years work experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills and verbal/written communication skills
- Exceptional organizational skills with strong attention to detail
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks at once and stay organized
- Comfortable with Google Apps (gmail, calendar, docs) and Microsoft Office
- Discretion & professionalism
- Ability to work in our office in San Mateo, CA.
- A deep passion for impacting young children around the world and contributing to Khan Academy’s mission of providing a free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere!
Bonus points if you have:
- Teaching experience
- Early childhood experience
We may be a non-profit, but we reward our talented team well!
- Competitive salaries and annual bonuses
- Ample paid time off as needed
- A high-caliber team that believes in the importance of having a great day-to-day experience
- Catered lunch daily plus tons of snacks and beverages, including the best Chocolate Ice Cream in the World
- The ability to improve real lives and put your talents toward a deeply meaningful mission
- Oh, and we offer all those other typical benefits as well: 401(k) + 4% matching & comprehensive insurance including medical, dental, vision, and life
About Khan Academy | Duck Duck Moose
Khan Academy is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization with the mission of providing a free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere. In 2016, Duck Duck Moose, an award-winning creator of educational mobile apps, joined Khan Academy and formed the Khan Academy Kids team. The company has created 22 top-selling titles and has received 22 Parents’ Choice Awards, 19 Children’s Technology Review Awards, and a KAPi award for “Best Children’s App” at the International Consumer Electronics Show. The Khan Academy Kids team is a passionate group of engineers, artists, designers, and educators. Like all Khan Academy offerings, Khan Academy Kids and all Duck Duck Moose apps are 100% free, without ads or subscriptions.