Khan Academy is a nonprofit education technology organization with a mission of providing a free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere. Over 15 million learners, teachers, and parents around the world use Khan Academy each month. Khan Academy partners with U.S. school districts to implement Khan Academy throughout their district.
We are looking for a Districts Partnership Manager who is excited to join a small team working on a big goal. Applicants should be equally comfortable presenting to a school board or the highest levels of district leadership as they are talking about pedagogy with a teacher. Relationship management, communication, quantitative analysis and project management, and an ability to translate customer insights into partnership activities form the desired skill set for this role.
Come join a team that is passionate about shaping the future of education! We’re a growing team of 150+, with our headquarters located in Mountain View, CA.
- Build & manage relationships with diverse stakeholders within school districts. Navigate complex discussions with empathy and confidence.
- Facilitate customized in-person and virtual professional development sessions for teachers and administrators on how to effectively use Khan Academy.
- Represent Khan Academy externally to school districts, and represent school districts internally to other Khan Academy colleagues.
- Develop deep insights on how to optimize partnership success by testing new ideas, measuring results, and collaborating closely with other partnership managers.
- 25% travel estimated (seasonal)
- MUST be able to work from our Mountain View, CA office.
- Deep understanding of teachers and school districts and a clear passion for education. 3-5+ years of teaching or education experience recommended. Past experience using Khan Academy as a teacher is a plus.
- Outstanding communication skills. Ability to communicate concisely and persuasively in multiple format, including email, written documents, digital presentations, and verbal conversations.
- Highly analytical with strong problem-solving skills. Comfortable & skilled at working with large volumes of data, identifying trends, and drawing evidence-based conclusions. Equally comfortable analyzing qualitative customer insights and adjusting partnership plans and product feedback accordingly.
- Systems thinking. Ability to analyze and understand districts as complex systems and to apply that same type of systems thinking to our own partnerships team as we seek to continuously improve the way we operate.
- Exceptional project management & organizational skills with strong attention to detail.
WE OFFER THE FOLLOWING BENEFITS
We may be a non-profit, but we reward our talented team well!
- Highly competitive compensation salaries
- The opportunity to work on high-impact content that's already defining the future of education and improving students’ lives
- A fun, high-caliber team that trusts you and gives you the freedom to be brilliant
- A great location – we’re only 0.5 miles from the Caltrain and downtown Mountain View. Our San Francisco dwellers are encouraged to work from home a few days a week to save the commute time.
- Ample paid time off as needed – we’re about getting things done, not face time
- Awesome team events and weekly board game nights.
- Delicious catered lunch daily plus tons of snacks and beverages
- Oh, and we offer all those other typical benefits as well: 401(k) + 4% matching & comprehensive insurance including medical, dental, vision, and life
- Attach your resume below
- Instead of a cover letter, please answer the following prompt in the space provided below:
- When a school system wants to implement a new curriculum or technology, what does a successful school district roll out look like?
- How have you participated in a district-wide initiative in the past? What have you learned from that process?
- Address the following prompt in the space provided below: We believe that reaching all learners requires a team that is diverse in every respect, and we are looking for individuals who will help us fulfill our mission by adding to the diversity of our team’s experiences, perspectives, and mindsets. With that in mind, tell us briefly how your experiences and perspectives - whether personal, professional, academic, or in your own classroom - would contribute to the diversity of our team and our ability to understand and address the needs of all learners.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.