Khan Academy is a fast-paced, nonprofit startup on a mission to provide a free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere. We already reach millions of students every month and are growing rapidly. We are looking for an experienced HR Business Partner to support the organization. You will be partnering with managers at all levels of the organization to grow, retain and engage the organization. We are looking for a candidate that is self-motivated, results orientated and a strong problem solver.
- Support activities to support a productive work environment including coaching and development planning, investigating and resolving employee relations issues, compensation planning, hiring and retention of talented employees, and encouraging open, productive dialogue between managers, employees and other partners.
- Support managers and employees through change management initiatives, work force planning, etc. Use creative problem solving skills to address business needs that are often time sensitive.
- Support a communication strategy with the ability to influence and work on change management.
- Partners with leaders to drive the talent strategy for the business. Provide insights regarding people and the organization.
- Contribute to the continued improvement of HR programs, processes and planning within the company
- BA/BS degree required with emphasis in People or equivalent.
- Demonstrable track record of experience with 7+ years of HR experience with work supporting executives
- Proven ability to understand organizational issues and managing change
- Ability to coach and advise with the ability to influence
- Strong communication with analytical skills
- A team player with demonstrated collaboration skills
WE OFFER THE FOLLOWING BENEFITS
We may be a non-profit, but we reward our talented team well!
- Highly competitive compensation salaries
- The opportunity to work on high-impact content that's already defining the future of education and improving students’ lives
- Ample paid time off as needed – we’re about getting things done, not face time
- Oh, and we offer all those other typical benefits as well: 401(k) + 4% matching & comprehensive insurance including medical, dental, vision, and life
- A fun, high-caliber team that trusts you and gives you the freedom to be brilliant
If you work full-time from our office in Mountain View:
- Great location: walking distance to Caltrain and downtown Mountain View
- Delicious catered lunch daily plus tons of snacks and beverages
HOW TO APPLY
- Attach your resume below
- Address the following prompt in the space provided below: We believe that reaching all learners requires a team that is diverse in every respect, and we are looking for individuals who will help us fulfill our mission by adding to the diversity of our team’s experiences, perspectives, and mindsets. With that in mind, tell us briefly how your experiences and perspectives - whether personal, professional, academic, or in your own classroom - would contribute to the diversity of our team and our ability to understand and address the needs of all learners.
- If you’d like to provide a more traditional cover letter addressing your interest in Khan Academy (in addition to the diversity-based response), please feel free to attach that below.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.