Khan Academy is a nonprofit education technology organization with a mission of providing a free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere. Over 15 million learners, teachers, and parents around the world use Khan Academy each month.
We are looking for a Partnership Manager to join the Strategic Partnerships team. As the Partnership Manager, you will be managing the relationship with Khan Academy’s most strategic partners (like College Board) to jointly launch new product offerings & marketing initiatives, with the goal of accelerating growth of learners & revenue, while still keeping Khan Academy free to teachers and learners. You will be responsible for working deeply with our partners & with internal stakeholders to determine how we maintain & grow our relationships with these key partners over time, including evaluating the success of current products in-market & identifying opportunities to partner on new initiatives. Different than sales, this person will have a handful of large, complex, and long-lasting relationships to manage. Titles for this type of work vary across orgs, including: Portfolio Manager, Implementation Manager, Strategic Partnership Manager, Partnership Success Manager, Customer Success Manager, Implementation Manager. Maybe you've had one of these titles - or several of them! Either way, we are interested in candidates who represent the qualifications below.
- Manage a small portfolio of 3-6 strategic partners, across all stages of the partnership life cycle. You’ll work closely with each partner & with internal stakeholders to kick-off the relationship, develop & launch new products & go-to-market activities, and manage ongoing relationship management.
- Develop & manage work plans with partner organizations & with internal partners in order to achieve key milestones
- Work with product & marketing teams to identify key dependencies for deliverables, and help unblock internal teams with partner organizations as needed
- Establish & run regular operating mechanisms to ensure progress against milestones, including leading meetings, capturing action items, & following up on open questions
- Develop deep relationships with points of contact at partner organizations
- Understand partners’ strategies & priorities and changes that could impact their work with Khan Academy
- 4-8 years of experience, including experience with partnership management or product implementation
- Must have had previous experience with at least one of the following:
responsibility for managing & ensuring success of a tech company or education organization's most strategic partners; worked in business development to develop new partnerships but are now motivated to deepen connections & work with those partners long-term; worked in sales or account management for high stakes relationships, but are now interested in managing partnerships on a deeper ongoing basis; or worked in a large company managing complex internal teams & stakeholders.
- Skilled at working collaboratively with & navigating large enterprises or partner organizations
- Exceptional project management & organizational skills with strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to independently prioritize tasks with a focus on high impact activities
- Deep empathy for other people, including both internal & external partners. Able to put yourself in other people’s issues, and come up with win-win solutions
- Strong business acumen & judgment
- Highly analytical, and comfortable with reporting & modeling
- Strong track record of delivering against goals & achieving target metrics
- Creative problem solver
- Outstanding written, verbal, & interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization
- Proven ability to learn quickly. Bias for action & desire to work in a fast-paced environment
- Collaborative & team-oriented working style
- Positive, “can do” mindset
- Passion for education & a desire to make a difference
- Experience in tech strongly preferred; experience in education also a plus
WE OFFER THE FOLLOWING BENEFITS
We may be a non-profit, but we reward our talented team well!
- Highly competitive salaries and annual bonuses
- Ample paid time off as needed – we are about getting things done, not face time
- Delicious catered lunch daily plus tons of snacks and beverages
- The opportunity to work on high-impact software and programs that are already defining the future of education
- Great location: walking distance to Caltrain and downtown Mountain View
- Awesome team events and weekly board game nights
- The ability to improve real lives
- A fun, high-caliber team that trusts you and gives you the freedom to be brilliant
- Oh, and we offer all those other typical benefits as well: 401(k) + 4% matching & comprehensive insurance including medical, dental, vision, and life