Help shape the future of education with Khan Academy. We are a nonprofit education technology organization with a mission of providing a free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere. Today, over 10 million learners, teachers, and parents around the world use Khan Academy each month. But we believe this is just the tip of the iceberg!
To reach students, teachers, and parents around the world, we are building the capability to scale our marketing efforts. Khan Academy is looking for an exceptional contractor at the Program Manager level to support in-school U.S. marketing programs.
In this role, you’ll primarily be responsible for managing our Khan Academy Ambassador Program from September through March. This highly engaged community is comprised of over 550 top educators who volunteer to train teachers on classroom implementation of Khan Academy, as well as provide critical feedback to our team. You will spearhead daily management of the community, as well as lead key engagement efforts and serve as a liaison between the community and our team.
You will develop an in-depth understanding of Khan Academy and our initiatives, and bring a willingness to tackle challenging, complex problems with clear, structured thinking informed by analysis and creativity. You’ll work cross-functionally with our internal teams to ensure we meet stakeholders’ needs while holding true to our mission of providing a free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere. Please note this is a temp average 30hrs/week position based in Mountain View, CA.
- Drive management of daily Khan Academy Ambassador community engagement, including online community building via Facebook; coordinating support and product requests across internal functions, such as user support, product marketing, content and others; providing individual support for training requests and a range of other ambassador needs
- Develop and send key ambassador communications each month, including newsletters, targeted sub-group emails, and social media posts
- Lead key community engagement initiatives, such as our winter training challenge, Twitter chats and book club
- Serve as liaison between ambassador community and wider Khan Academy team, including managing requests for beta testing, quick feedback loops and one-off initiatives
- Prepare and execute elements of the strategic vision for ‘19-20 Khan Academy Ambassador Program, such as piloting new community efforts
- Measure and track the effectiveness of program investments via user research and data management; provide analysis and recommendations on how to improve ROI
- Support execution of other in-school and student-facing marketing programs and campaigns
- Think creatively about new ways to reach, engage, motivate, and excite ambassadors and our teacher community at large
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent and 2+ years of classroom or program management experience; teaching experience or previous work in an academic context a plus
- You are known for your energy and passion! You have strong empathy for educators and are passionate about developing programs and tools to better support their needs and leverage their critical skill set
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to external partners, especially educators
- Excellent at coordinating and communicating internally, so that everyone is up to speed and collaborating effectively
- You are organized, comfortable managing multiple different workstreams, switching contexts between projects, prioritizing tasks, and delivering detail-oriented projects and project components on time
- You’re kind, collaborative, and a team player; people love working with you
- You are flexible, adaptable, scrappy and nimble
- You’re a creative problem solver by nature and excel in strategic thinking
- Comfortable with data, can go get the data you need, and can turn it into an insightful story
- You’re available to work from Mountain View, CA
WE OFFER THE FOLLOWING BENEFITS
We may be a non-profit, but we reward our talented team well!
- Competitive pay
- Ample time off
- A fun, high-caliber team that believes in the importance of having a great day-to-day experience
- Delicious catered lunch daily plus tons of snacks and beverages
- Walking distance to Caltrain and downtown Mountain View, flexibility to work from other locations
- The opportunity to work on programs that are already impacting the future of learning
- The ability to improve real lives and put your talents toward a deeply meaningful mission
- The possibility of helping empower more problem solvers to improve the world
HOW TO APPLY
- Attach your resume below
- Address the following prompt in the space provided below: At Khan Academy, we believe that reaching all learners requires an engineering team that is diverse in every respect, and we are looking for individuals who will help us fulfill our mission by adding to the diversity of our team's experiences, perspectives, and mindsets. With that in mind, tell us briefly how your experiences and perspectives— whether personal, professional, academic or otherwise— could contribute to the diversity of our team.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.