Khan Academy is a fast-paced, nonprofit startup on a mission to provide a free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere. We already reach millions of students every month and are growing rapidly. We’re building a library of world-class instructional and practice resources that empowers students throughout their formal education. Whether they’re studying mitosis, metonymy, or Marbury v. Madison, we want to offer students the resources to realize that they can learn anything. We’re seeking a Science Content Manager to help scale our content team and realize that vision in Science subjects.
The Science Content Manager is broadly responsible for Science content at Khan Academy, serving the needs of the K-14 learners and teachers. As the Science Content Manager, you will:
- Support, build, and develop our team of Science content creators (likely 4-6 people)
- Oversee content creation and maintenance in current and future science courses on Khan Academy by reviewing project plans, reviewing content quality, and building efficient processes
- Drive science content strategy and planning
- Represent Khan Academy science to our partners and at conferences
- 5+ years of leadership and people management experience, including experience successfully leading a team of teachers, writers, education content creators, or related
- Relevant experience that has provided a deep knowledge of K-14 science education
- Strong command of at least one field of science (M.A., M.S., or PhD preferred), a passion and drive for learning other areas of science, and great intuition for how students best learn science
- An entrepreneurial mindset with strong project management skills and a bias toward action
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves, think strategically, and help the team get work done as we are growing
- Meticulous attention to detail, excellent time management skills, and impeccable written communication skills
- A passion for education and a desire to change the world
WE OFFER THE FOLLOWING BENEFITS
We may be a non-profit, but we reward our talented team well!
- Highly competitive salaries and annual bonuses
- Ample paid time off as needed – we are about getting things done, not face time
- Delicious catered lunch daily plus tons of snacks and beverages
- The opportunity to work on high-impact software and programs that are already defining the future of education
- Great location: walking distance to Caltrain and downtown Mountain View. On-site preferred, but possibility to work remote
- Awesome team events and weekly board game nights
- The ability to improve real lives
- A fun, high-caliber team that trusts you and gives you the freedom to be brilliant
- Oh, and we offer all those other typical benefits as well: 401(k) + 4% matching & comprehensive insurance including medical, dental, vision, and life
HOW TO APPLY
- Attach your resume below
- Briefly describe your people management experience including number of people managed and length of time.
- Address the following prompt in the space provided below: We believe that reaching all learners requires a team that is diverse in every respect, and we are looking for individuals who will help us fulfill our mission by adding to the diversity of our team’s experiences, perspectives, and mindsets. With that in mind, tell us briefly how your experiences and perspectives - whether personal, professional, academic, or in your own classroom - would contribute to the diversity of our team and our ability to understand and address the needs of all learners.
- Sal’s TED talk from 2011
- Sal’s TED talk from 2015
- You Can Learn Anything: https://www.khanacademy.org/youcanlearnanything
- Our team: http://www.khanacademy.org/about/the-team
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.