Khan Academy is a nonprofit education technology organization with a mission of providing a free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere. Over 15 million learners, teachers, and parents around the world use Khan Academy each month.
We are looking for a Partnership Manager to join the Strategic Partnerships team. As the Partnership Manager, you will be managing the relationship with Khan Academy’s most strategic partners to deliver successful joint product & marketing activities to market, with the goal of accelerating growth of learners & revenue, while still keeping Khan Academy free to teachers and learners.
Come join a team that is passionate about shaping the future of education! Our team includes people from academia and from high tech companies such as Google, Apple, Facebook, Mozilla, Microsoft, Pixar, Intuit, and tiny startups. We’re a growing team of 150+, located primarily in Mountain View, CA with many remote workers around the US and the world.
- Manage a portfolio of strategic partners, across all stages of the partnership lifecycle — kick-off of work between organizations, the launch of new product & go-to-market activities, and ongoing relationship management
- Develop & manage work plans with partner organizations & with internal partners in order to achieve key milestones
- Work with product & marketing teams to identify key dependencies for deliverables, and help unblock internal teams with partner organizations as needed
- Establish & run regular operating mechanisms to ensure progress against milestones, including leading meetings, capturing action items, & following up on open questions
- Develop deep relationships with points of contact at partner organizations
- Understand partners’ strategies & priorities and changes that could impact their work with Khan Academy
- 4+ years of account management or partnership management experience
- Skilled at working collaboratively with & navigating large enterprises or partner organizations
- Exceptional project management & organizational skills with strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to independently prioritize tasks with a focus on high impact activities
- Deep empathy for other people, including both internal & external partners. Able to put yourself in other people’s issues, and come up with win-win solutions
- Strong business acumen & judgment
- Highly analytical, and comfortable with reporting & modeling
- Strong track record of delivering against goals & achieving target metrics
- Creative problem solver
- Outstanding written, verbal, & interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization
- Proven ability to learn quickly. Bias for action & desire to work in a fast-paced environment
- Collaborative & team-oriented working style
- Positive, “can do” mindset
- Passion for education & a desire to make a difference
- Experience in education and/or tech strongly preferred
WE OFFER THE FOLLOWING BENEFITS
We may be a non-profit, but we reward our talented team well!
- Highly competitive salaries and annual bonuses
- Ample paid time off as needed – we are about getting things done, not face time
- Delicious catered lunch daily plus tons of snacks and beverages
- The opportunity to work on high-impact software and programs that are already defining the future of education
- Great location: walking distance to Caltrain and downtown Mountain View
- Awesome team events and weekly board game nights
- The ability to improve real lives
- A fun, high-caliber team that trusts you and gives you the freedom to be brilliant
- Oh, and we offer all those other typical benefits as well: 401(k) + 4% matching & comprehensive insurance including medical, dental, vision, and life
- Sal’s TED talk from 2011
- Sal’s TED talk from 2015
- You Can Learn Anything: https://www.khanacademy.org/youcanlearnanything
- Our team: http://www.khanacademy.org/about/the-team
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.