Khan Academy is a fast-paced, nonprofit startup on a mission to provide a free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere. We already reach millions of students every month and are growing rapidly.
We’re building a library of world-class instructional and practice resources that empowers students throughout their formal education. Whether they’re studying mitosis, monopolies, or the Mahabharata, we want to offer students the resources to realise that they can learn anything.
Khan Academy is looking for an exceptional Accounting Manager who will report into the Country Director. As the Accounting Manager, you’ll be responsible for the day to day operations of the accounting and financial operations of Khan Academy in India. You will be responsible for installing systems and processes. You’ll work closely with our Finance and Accounting partner organisation and with our team in California, United States. This role is ideal for someone who wants to build, someone with an ideal mixture of technical and operational accounting, and someone whose philosophy is rooted in collaboration and great customer service.
- Working with the U.S. team and build the in-house accounting function for KAI from the ground up including systems, processes, and reporting.
- Own our day-to-day financial transactions including paying vendors, receiving payments, expense reporting system and monthly closing cycle
- Process payroll
- Lead the annual India statutory and financial statement audits and tax preparation and support the US financial statement audit
- Lead our financial and impact reporting to our board and donors
- Contribute to other projects, as needed
- A Bachelor degree or equivalent and 5+ years of related work experience. CA license needed along with audit or related work experience. Excellent problem solving and analytical abilities along with a belief that you can learn anything
- Distinctive interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- To be motivated by the Khan Academy mission “to provide a free world-class education for anyone, anywhere”
- Availability to work full time from our office in New Delhi, India
HOW TO APPLY
Along with your resume include a cover letter describing why you want to join Khan Academy.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status or disability.