Here at Khan Academy, we’re assembling a library of world-class instructional and practice resources to empower students everywhere. Whether they’re studying supply and demand, markets, or whole economies, we want to offer students the resources and support they need to succeed on their homework and exams and to realize that they can learn anything. In particular, we’re seeking a fellow to help build our content, videos, article, and practice questions for Advanced Placement (AP) macroeconomics and AP microeconomics.
Join us on our mission to provide a free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere. This is a high priority initiative with the opportunity to have tremendous impact; Khan Academy currently reaches nearly 15 million students per month.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
This role is focused on curriculum design and content writing.
- Collaborate with our existing team and outside experts to refine Khan Academy’s economics curriculum
- Create economics practice exercises to help students internalize key concepts in high school and AP economics
- Work with a team creating materials to cover core economics concepts
- Ensure content is high quality by working with students and teachers, tracking content performance, and modifying content based on quantitative data and qualitative feedback
- M.A. or PhD in Economics or economics education
- Extremely strong command of the content covered in AP economics
- 2+ years expertise in designing and teaching college-level or AP economics curricula
- Great intuition for how students like to learn and insight into common misconceptions
- Deep knowledge of the AP econ frameworks, exams, curricula, and teaching methods
- Comfort with ambiguity and enthusiasm for experimentation
- Demonstrated creative problem solving and a bias toward action
- Impeccable written communication skills
- Meticulous attention to detail and excellent time management skills
- Experience working collaboratively and with teams to design or create learning materials
- Familiarity with Google docs and spreadsheets and a willingness to learn new tools
- A passion for education and a desire to change the world
- This is a one-year, full time fellowship position starting May-June. Depending on the candidate’s existing commitments, there are possibilities for full-time summer work and a part-time (10-20 hours/week) academic year position.
- We have a preference for this position to be a full time position from our office in Mountain View, CA; in exceptional cases, we are also open to full time remote arrangements.
- For applicants who plan to work full time from our Mountain View office, you’ll need US, Canadian, Australian, or Mexican citizenship, US Residency, or other authorization to work in the US
WE OFFER THE FOLLOWING BENEFITS
We may be a non-profit, but we reward our talented team well!
- Highly competitive compensation salaries
- The opportunity to work on high-impact content that's already defining the future of education and improving students’ lives
- A fun, high-caliber team that trusts you and gives you the freedom to be brilliant
If you work full-time from our office in Mountain View:
- Great location: walking distance to Caltrain and downtown Mountain View
- Delicious catered lunch daily plus tons of snacks and beverages
- Ample paid time off as needed – we’re about getting things done, not face time
- Oh, and we offer all those other typical benefits as well: 401(k) + 4% matching & comprehensive insurance including medical, dental, vision, and life
HOW TO APPLY
- Attach your resume below
- Address the following prompt in the space provided below: We believe that reaching all learners requires a team that is diverse in every respect, and we are looking for individuals who will help us fulfill our mission by adding to the diversity of our team’s experiences, perspectives, and mindsets. With that in mind, tell us briefly how your experiences and perspectives - whether personal, professional, academic, or in your own classroom - would contribute to the diversity of our team and our ability to understand and address the needs of all learners.
- If you’d like to provide a more traditional cover letter addressing your interest in KA (in addition to the diversity-based response), please feel free to attach that below.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.