Khan Academy is a fast-paced, non-profit start up on a mission to provide a free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere. We already reach millions of students every month and are growing rapidly.
As Operations Specialist with Khan Academy India, you will play a critical role in helping our small team get closer to our goals. This is a perfect role for someone who has had exposure to supporting senior leadership roles with some experience in a similar profile before and is looking for a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment to grow further. You will have the unique opportunity to work closely with several different departments within the organization and external stakeholders.
- Executive Support
- Manage company calendar of events including board meetings, reporting requirements, off sites and other events
- Plan and execute end-to-end company events including off sites, workshops, and onsite events
- Manage calendars and schedule meetings and calls
- Coordinate travel arrangements -- including flights, hotels and transportation
- Support special projects as needed
- Own company processes including softwares used such as bill.com, expensify, greenhouse, pingboard and others
- Monitor and manage external service contracts including creating and managing RFPs, approval process for selection and tracking deliverables against time and cost
- Provide recruitment support - schedule interviews, follow-ups with candidates, manage employee on-boarding
- Track and file expenses, payments and related reports
- Work in close contact with teams in India and HQ for support
- Office Management
- Manage all service contacts including landlord and service providers
- Manage all office supplies
- Establish and manage standards and procedures for office administration
- Maintain paper and electronic documents
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- ~3 to 5 years of relevant administrative experience, preferably in a multi-national organization or a start-up. We would prefer a professional who has supported senior leadership roles.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- A masterful command of the details, and the ability to quickly parse information
- Be extremely comfortable with technology
- The ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- A passion for Khan Academy’s vision and a desire to change the world
HOW TO APPLY
In addition to sending your resume, please address the following questions in no more than 2 pages.
- Why are you interested in this role?
- Tell us about a multi-week project you handled. Describe the parties involved and your specific role. What went well? What would you do differently if you could do it over again?
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, or disability.