Khan Academy is looking for an exceptional Program Manager to spearhead our educator outreach programs and campaigns in Mexico.
In this role, you’ll be responsible for launching our Back to School programming (LearnStorm) and our Teacher Ambassador program in 2018. You’ll play a critical role in defining and scaling our education programs and serve as the principal liaison between KA and key stakeholders in Mexico.
You’ll work closely with the Head of Latin America and internal teams to ensure we meet stakeholders’ needs while holding true to our mission of providing a “free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere.” You will develop an in-depth understanding of Khan Academy and our initiatives, and bring a willingness to tackle challenging, complex problems with clear, structured thinking informed by research, analysis and creativity. Please note this is a full-time, 12-month contract position with the possibility of extension based in Mexico City.
- Drive planning and execution of our Back to School programming (LearnStorm) in Mexico, including product, training, marketing, support, partnerships, localization and PR related activities
- Launch our Teacher Ambassador program and support the ambassador community so that it’s a deeply engaged network of teachers supporting KA
- Identify, structure and pilot new program opportunities to increase engagement with teachers to drive usage in and out of the classroom
- Coordinate across functions seamlessly and efficiently to implement programs/campaigns
- Measure and track the effectiveness of program investments in Mexico; provide analysis and recommendations on how to improve ROI
- Capture and share insights to inform product, programs and campaign; generate empathy for Mexican market
- You have direct experience in the education sector
- You have strong empathy for educators and are passionate about cultivating communities to better support their needs and leverage their critical skill set
- You have experience managing partnerships and complex projects in Mexico
- You have strong attention to detail and organization skills
- You have excellent communication skills
- You’re a team player and people love working with you
- You are excellent at coordinating and communicating internally, so that everyone know what’s going on and you collaborate effectively
- You are kind, collaborative, and a team player; people love working with you
- You are a creative problem solver by nature
- You are comfortable working with data and using it to drive decisions
- You have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent and 8+ years of work experience; teaching experience or previous work in an academic context a plus
- You have native or near-native proficiency in Spanish and you are fluent in English
- You are available to work full time from Mexico City with travel to Mountain View, CA
HOW TO APPLY
In addition to sending your resume and cover letter please address the following questions.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, or disability.