Help shape the future of education with Khan Academy. We are a nonprofit education technology organization with a mission of providing a free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere. Today, over 10 million learners, teachers, and parents around the world use Khan Academy each month. But we believe this is just the tip of the iceberg!
To reach students, teachers, and parents around the world, we are building the capability to scale our marketing efforts. Khan Academy is looking for an exceptional Program Manager to lead in-school marketing programs and campaigns in the US and globally.
In this role, you’ll be responsible for driving our Back to School campaign LearnStorm, (involving over a million students!) and other in-school campaigns throughout the year. You’ll play a critical role in defining and scaling our K-12 education programs and serve as a key liaison between Khan Academy and our program partners.
You will develop an in-depth understanding of Khan Academy and our initiatives, and bring a willingness to tackle challenging, complex problems with clear, structured thinking informed by research, analysis, and creativity. You’ll work cross-functionally with our internal teams to ensure we meet stakeholders’ needs while holding true to our mission of providing a free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere. Please note this is a full-time position based in Mountain View, CA.
- Drive planning and execution of in-school marketing campaigns, including our Back to School campaign (LearnStorm) in the US, Mexico, and India; coordinate across functions, such as product, marketing, user support, partnerships, localization, and PR
- Manage relationships with key program funders and partners; ensure stakeholder expectations are met and create opportunities for new and ongoing support
- Identify, structure, and launch new in-school program opportunities to increase engagement with teachers to drive usage of Khan in classrooms
- Measure and track the effectiveness of program investments; provide analysis and recommendations on how to improve ROI
- Think creatively about new ways to reach, engage, motivate, and excite teachers and students; help our team bring delight to classrooms and foster a love of learning in our users
- 2+ years program management experience
- Extremely strong project management skills, detail oriented, methodical and organized are a must to be successful in this role
- You have experience managing external partnerships and complex projects
- Excellent at coordinating and communicating internally, so that everyone know what’s going on and collaborating effectively
- You’re kind, collaborative, and a team player; people love working with you
- You’re a creative problem solver by nature
- Comfortable with data, can go get the data you need, and can turn it into an insightful story
- You have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent and 2+ years of work experience
- You have strong empathy for educators and are passionate about developing programs and tools to better support their needs and leverage their critical skill set; teaching experience or previous work in an academic context a plus
- You’re available to work full time from Mountain View, CA
We offer the following benefits:
We may be a non-profit, but we reward our team well!
- The opportunity to improve real lives, solve hard problems, and change the world.
- Competitive salaries and annual bonuses.
- Ample paid time off as needed. We’ll support you in maintaining a healthy life-work balance.
- Delicious catered lunch every day, plus tons of snacks and beverages.
- An inclusive, excited, and friendly team that trusts you and gives you the freedom to be brilliant.
- A great location – we’re only 0.5 miles from the Caltrain and downtown Mountain View. We also pay for remote employees to fly out a few times a year, and our San Francisco dwellers are encouraged to work from home a few days a week to save the commute time.
- Awesome team events and weekly board game nights.
- Oh, and we offer all those other typical benefits as well: 401(k) + 4% matching & comprehensive insurance including medical, dental, vision, and life.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, or disability.