KeyMe is revolutionizing lockout solutions for homes, cars and businesses. Via artificial intelligence and robotics, KeyMe allows users to store, share, and duplicate their physical keys and RFID cards. Fully automated self-service key duplicating kiosks can be found in over 4,000+ locations across the country in major retailers such as Bed Bath & Beyond, Kroger, Rite Aid, 7-Eleven, Menards, AutoZone, and many others.
Additionally, KeyMe offers customers a one-stop solution for all their locksmith needs ranging from lockouts and re-keys to complex installations and custom jobs. All KeyMe locksmiths have extensive experience and are fully vetted to ensure our customers receive the utmost quality experience. With upfront set pricing, customers know they will never be confronted with last minute charges. KeyMe’s smart routing gives customers the ability to monitor their Locksmith’s arrival, job progress, and receive instant receipts. KeyMe is providing unrivaled service quality, prices, and customer experience into the $12B/yr locksmith industry.
KeyMe is an exciting, well-funded (over $150M raised to date), tech company that is solving real consumer pain points. KeyMe is proud to have an open, collaborative and relaxed atmosphere where bright professionals work hard and enjoy what they do. With the added benefit of a friendly, flexible and creative working culture, you’ll be joining a forward-thinking, expanding team to continue opening doors for our customers.
We’re committed to providing a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where team members from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences feel welcome and thrive. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
About the Role
KeyMe sits at the intersection of machine learning, computer vision, software, and mechanical design. Our robotic self-service kiosks scan and duplicate thousands of keys per day.
Our machine intelligence team is looking for a Computer Vision Engineer to help keep our thousands of robotic kiosks functioning correctly. Reporting to the Director of Machine Intelligence, you will work on our computer vision applications including object classification, segmentation and localization.
We use CV to solve most of our problems here, from kiosk calibration, quality control of our robots, mail order fulfillment, to diagnostics. You’ll get to leverage your skills against a diverse problem set alongside smart, motivated colleagues who want to win.
KeyMe engineering manages a massive surface area -- from kiosk touchscreen UX, to backend order management tools, to robotics and embedded systems, to data engineering and analysis. We offer an extremely broad range of engineering activities that ensure you’ll never be bored in your career.
What You'll Be Doing
- Developing core computer vision software with an eye for scale and usability
- Improving the calibration of remote kiosks
- Building tools to accurately diagnose problems with remote machinery
How We Know You Can Do It
- 1-2 years developing computer vision applications and camera calibration routines
- Familiarity with libraries like OpenCV
- Strong understanding of a modern programming language, preferably Python
- Knowledge of at least one machine learning framework (e.g. Tensorflow)
- Experience with git or other DVCS
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or a related field or equivalent experience
- Experience with developing computer vision applications for manufacturing and calibrating applications
- AWS or docker experience
- Experience in developing machine learning applications is a bonus
What You’ll Get
- Compensation package that includes salary and stock options
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Remote budget to set up your home office
- 401K plan with match
- Flexible PTO Policy
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Health Savings Account (HSA)