KeyMe is revolutionizing lockout solutions for homes, cars and businesses. Via artificial intelligence and robotics, KeyMe allows users to store, share, and duplicate their physical keys and RFID cards. Fully automated self-service key duplicating kiosks can be found in over 4,000+ locations across the country in major retailers such as Bed Bath & Beyond, Kroger, Rite Aid, 7-Eleven, Menards, AutoZone, and many others.
Additionally, KeyMe offers customers a one-stop solution for all their locksmith needs ranging from lockouts and re-keys to complex installations and custom jobs. All KeyMe locksmiths have extensive experience and are fully vetted to ensure our customers receive the utmost quality experience. With upfront set pricing, customers know they will never be confronted with last minute charges. KeyMe’s smart routing gives customers the ability to monitor their Locksmith’s arrival, job progress, and receive instant receipts. KeyMe provides unrivaled service quality, prices, and customer experience into the $12B/yr locksmith industry.
KeyMe is an exciting, well-funded (over $150M raised to date), tech company that is solving real consumer pain points. KeyMe is proud to have an open, collaborative and relaxed atmosphere where bright professionals work hard and enjoy what they do. With the added benefit of a friendly, flexible and creative working culture, you’ll be joining a forward-thinking, expanding team to continue opening doors for our customers.
We’re committed to providing a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where team members from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences feel welcome and thrive. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
About the Role
As we scale our fleet of AI-empowered robots, we’re seeking a hands-on Engineering leader to manage our Kiosk Systems team composed of bright engineers across hardware and software systems. We're seeking a leader who loves to solve challenging problems while being an integral part of our engineering organization. This person will be in charge of guiding engineers into alignment with the company initiatives in a fast-paced startup environment while supporting their professional development.
The kiosk systems team builds and maintains the core kiosk systems that run everything from robotic motion controls in Haskell, to remote administration APIs, process management & peripheral driver support. The role requires close collaboration with partners on the UX, API, Hardware Engineering and Machine Learning teams. The team also designs and monitors experiments for our laboratory, to validate our software and hardware development. This person will own development as we think about the next generation of kiosk, while managing and simplifying complexities and integrations with software and hardware.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Inspire, build and lead a team of engineers working on the core platform of our kiosk fleet -- a platform responsible for onboard & remote communication, physical and electronic security, motion control and overall stability.
- Architect the structure of our on-board processes to maximize uptime, reduce error, and improve visibility & reliability.
- Assess technologies & products to determine and/or recommend vendors & partners.
- Work with the CTO and other team leaders to set priorities and strategic direction.
- Collaborate with operations and other non-engineering partners to investigate field issues and devise solutions.
- Monitor and manage manufacturing progress and provide technical guidance and tradeoffs as required.
- Interface with design teams to resolve design, implementation, and deployment issues
- Assist architecture reviews of all hardware development projects.
- Maintenance of our core python libraries and system processes (Manager, Abilities manager, uploader/downloader/etc)
- Peripheral controls (Credit Card / Fingerprint readers, RFID)
- Python + Haskell software, effectively userland drivers
- Maintaining our system package infrastructure
- apt + PyPi + hackage
- Maintain our Cutting + Motion Control software
- Writing and maintaining calibration software
- Work with Quality Engineering to devise & oversee the administration of experiments and root cause analyses in our R&D facility
- Brainstorming hardware ideas and delivering to hardware engineering teams
- Validate and approve all changes to our hardware
How We Know You Can Do It
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field.
- 6+ years of software development experience.
- 2+ years of experience leading, managing and mentoring an engineering team.
- Experience with multi-threaded applications, interprocess communication, message queues
- Fluency in at least one of the languages in the systems stack: Python, Haskell and/or C, and experience building and deploying software in a Linux environment.
- Expertise in robotics devices and the ins and outs of hardware development.
- Experience with embedded device tooling and troubleshooting.
- Proven experience building and maintaining large systems in production environments.
- Comfortable working in cross-functional teams to produce robust, scalable solutions.
- Ability to communicate succinctly and effectively.
What You’ll Get
- Compensation package that includes salary and stock options
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Remote budget to set up your home office
- 401K plan with match
- Flexible PTO Policy
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Health Savings Account (HSA)