KeyMe is revolutionizing lockout solutions for homes, cars and businesses. Via artificial intelligence and robotics, KeyMe allows users to store, share, and duplicate their physical keys and RFID cards. Fully automated self-service key duplicating kiosks can be found in over 4,000+ locations across the country in major retailers such as Bed Bath & Beyond, Kroger, Rite Aid, 7-Eleven, Menards, AutoZone, and many others.
Additionally, KeyMe offers customers a one-stop solution for all their locksmith needs ranging from lockouts and re-keys to complex installations and custom jobs. All KeyMe locksmiths have extensive experience and are fully vetted to ensure our customers receive the utmost quality experience. With upfront set pricing, customers know they will never be confronted with last minute charges. KeyMe’s smart routing gives customers the ability to monitor their Locksmith’s arrival, job progress, and receive instant receipts. KeyMe is providing unrivaled service quality, prices, and customer experience into the $12B/yr locksmith industry.
KeyMe is an exciting, well-funded (over $150M raised to date), tech company that is solving real consumer pain points. KeyMe is proud to have an open, collaborative and relaxed atmosphere where bright professionals work hard and enjoy what they do. With the added benefit of a friendly, flexible and creative working culture, you’ll be joining a forward-thinking, expanding team to continue opening doors for our customers.
We’re committed to providing a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where team members from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences feel welcome and thrive. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
About the Role
We're seeking a leader who loves to solve challenging problems while being an integral part of the engineering leadership. Reporting to the VP of Engineering, you will be in charge of guiding engineers into alignment with the company initiatives in a fast-paced startup environment.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Develop a world-class team through hiring, mentoring, coaching and performance management.
- Collaborate with product managers and other stakeholders to help define product roadmaps.
- Manage engineering commitments and effectively communicate gaps and timeline adjustments.
- Be a leader within the team and help drive process improvements.
- Set best practices around writing maintainable, clean code.
How We Know You Can Do It
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field.
- 6+ years of software development experience.
- 2+ years of experience in leadership as a people manager or an engineering lead.
- Proven experience building and maintaining large systems in production environments.
- Comfortable working in cross-functional teams to produce robust, scalable solutions.
- Ability to communicate succinctly and effectively.
- Experience working in an agile development environment.
- Experience building applications using Ruby on Rails.
- Familiarity with AWS or similar cloud hosting environments.
What You’ll Get
- Compensation package that includes salary and stock options
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Remote budget to set up your home office
- 401K plan with match
- Flexible PTO Policy
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Health Savings Account (HSA)