KeyMe is revolutionizing lockout solutions for homes, cars and businesses. Via artificial intelligence and robotics, KeyMe allows users to store, share, and duplicate their physical keys and RFID cards. Fully automated self-service key duplicating kiosks can be found in over 4,000+ locations across the country in major retailers such as Bed Bath & Beyond, Kroger, Rite Aid, 7-Eleven, Menards, AutoZone, and many others.
Additionally, KeyMe offers customers a one-stop solution for all their locksmith needs ranging from lockouts and re-keys to complex installations and custom jobs. All KeyMe locksmiths have extensive experience and are fully vetted to ensure our customers receive the utmost quality experience. With upfront set pricing, customers know they will never be confronted with last minute charges. KeyMe’s smart routing gives customers the ability to monitor their Locksmith’s arrival, job progress, and receive instant receipts. KeyMe is providing unrivaled service quality, prices, and customer experience into the $12B/yr locksmith industry.
KeyMe is an exciting, well-funded (over $150M raised to date), tech company that is solving real consumer pain points. KeyMe is proud to have an open, collaborative and relaxed atmosphere where bright professionals work hard and enjoy what they do. With the added benefit of a friendly, flexible and creative working culture, you’ll be joining a forward-thinking, expanding team to continue opening doors for our customers.
We’re committed to providing a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where team members from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences feel welcome and thrive. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
About the Role
We’re bringing our hardware development in-house. Work with a team of mechanical and software engineers to build and maintain our fleet of 4000+ robotic kiosks across the US. You’ll be a critical resource in adapting our existing fleet to new challenges and designing the next generation of kiosks to better solve problems for our customers.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Act as the primary electrical/embedded point of contact for ensuring how our Controls Engineering, Supply Chain, and Operations functions can support active kiosks.
- Develop, document, and manage solutions ensuring the sustainability of our fleet with respect to hardware integration, cabling, installation, and troubleshooting.
- Develop solutions to introduce new hardware into our kiosk platform.
- Coordinate with the Manufacturing team to extract techniques and test procedures and apply them to Sustaining projects.
- Qualify alternate components for EOL planning or as defined by the Supply Chain team and assess their impact to safety certification.
- Perform component and system failure analysis. Provide feedback into the Engineering, Manufacturing, and Supply Chain teams.
- Identify and propose hardware design improvements and impact analysis to resolve issues in Operations and Manufacturing.
- Train Operations team on latest updates to Field Replaceable Units for existing kiosk fleet.
- Conduct testing and analysis to determine predictive points of failure and preventative maintenance needs to maximize our kiosk fleet value.
- Partner with Controls Engineering team to ensure full functionality of any upcoming sustaining initiatives.
- Work responsibly with internal and external (3rd party) teams.
How We Know You Can Do It
- 2-4 years of engineering experience in a design, manufacturing, or sustaining role.
- Bachelors of Science degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent professional experience.
- Skilled in electro-mechanical systems, firmware development, PCB, and cable design.
- Hands-on experience with firmware development / embedded programming.
- Familiar with Linux-based operating systems and usb device management.
- Familiar with computer-based mechanical design, layout, and simulation (e.g. SolidWorks, Inventor, etc.).
- Familiar with safety/regulatory certification processes (e.g. UL, ETL, TUV, FCC).
- Exceptional organizational, analytical, and creative problem-solving capabilities.
- Skilled at data analysis and reporting techniques.
- Must be self-motivated in order to achieve assigned objectives with minimal supervision.
- Excellent English language communication skills, both written and oral.
- Limited (domestic) travel is required.
What You’ll Get
- Compensation package that includes salary and stock options
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Remote budget to set up your home office
- 401K plan with match
- Flexible PTO Policy
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Health Savings Account (HSA)