KeyMe is revolutionizing lockout solutions for homes, cars and businesses. Via artificial intelligence and robotics, KeyMe allows users to store, share, and duplicate their physical keys and RFID cards. Fully automated self-service key duplicating kiosks can be found in over 4,000+ locations across the country in major retailers such as Bed Bath & Beyond, Kroger, Rite Aid, 7-Eleven, Menards, AutoZone, and many others.
Additionally, KeyMe offers customers a one-stop solution for all their locksmith needs ranging from lockouts and re-keys to complex installations and custom jobs. All KeyMe locksmiths have extensive experience and are fully vetted to ensure our customers receive the utmost quality experience. With upfront set pricing, customers know they will never be confronted with last minute charges. KeyMe’s smart routing gives customers the ability to monitor their Locksmith’s arrival, job progress, and receive instant receipts. KeyMe is providing unrivaled service quality, prices, and customer experience into the $12B/yr locksmith industry.
KeyMe is an exciting, well-funded (over $150M raised to date), tech company that is solving real consumer pain points. KeyMe is proud to have an open, collaborative and relaxed atmosphere where bright professionals work hard and enjoy what they do. With the added benefit of a friendly, flexible and creative working culture, you’ll be joining a forward-thinking, expanding team to continue opening doors for our customers.
We’re committed to providing a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where team members from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences feel welcome and thrive. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
About the Role
Our platform team is responsible for three large parts of KeyMe’s technology:
- Order management and fulfillment
- Fleet management
- Locksmith services
On this team you’ll write code that matters: building tools and automations to control our fleet of robotic kiosks; collecting and refunding our customers’ money accurately; ensuring that locked-out customers get timely support to rescue them from a difficult situation.
What You’ll Be Doing
We’re scaling our stack and our team -- you’ll have a say in architectural decisions and you’ll be mentoring more junior developers to grow our in-house expertise. We’ll need your experience with commerce, caching, message queues, tooling, and whatever else you can bring to the table.
How We Know You Can Do It
- At least 3 years of experience Ruby on Rails or other web-based MVC framework in a production environment
- Experience with caching architectures using memcache, redis or similar.
- Experience with background processing frameworks (like Resque or Sidekiq)
- Experience with RDBMS (Postgres, MySQL)
- Familiarity with AWS or similar cloud hosting environments
- Experience building, publishing and maintaining RESTful APIs.
- Experience with message queuing systems
- Kubernetes experience
- Experience with websockets
- Experience with CDNs
What You’ll Get
- Compensation package that includes salary and stock options
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Remote budget to set up your home office
- 401K plan with match
- Flexible PTO Policy
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Health Savings Account (HSA)