KeyMe is revolutionizing lockout solutions for homes, cars and businesses. Via artificial intelligence and robotics, KeyMe allows users to store, share, and duplicate their physical keys and RFID cards. Fully automated self-service key duplicating kiosks can be found in over 4,000+ locations across the country in major retailers such as Bed Bath & Beyond, Kroger, Rite Aid, 7-Eleven, Menards, AutoZone, and many others.
Additionally, KeyMe offers customers a one-stop solution for all their locksmith needs ranging from lockouts and re-keys to complex installations and custom jobs. All KeyMe locksmiths have extensive experience and are fully vetted to ensure our customers receive the utmost quality experience. With upfront set pricing, customers know they will never be confronted with last minute charges. KeyMe’s smart routing gives customers the ability to monitor their Locksmith’s arrival, job progress, and receive instant receipts. KeyMe is providing unrivaled service quality, prices, and customer experience into the $12B/yr locksmith industry.
KeyMe is an exciting, well-funded (over $150M raised to date), tech company that is solving real consumer pain points. KeyMe is proud to have an open, collaborative and relaxed atmosphere where bright professionals work hard and enjoy what they do. With the added benefit of a friendly, flexible and creative working culture, you’ll be joining a forward-thinking, expanding team to continue opening doors for our customers.
We’re committed to providing a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where team members from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences feel welcome and thrive. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Our Engineering teams cover a huge surface area!
- Computer Vision and Machine Learning tell us how to cut keys.
- Low-level device management and higher-level subsystems process our orders and collect payment.
- Selection and validation of new hardware for the constant job of evolving our fleet of kiosks.
- Unique UX of interacting with a kiosk to copy a physical key and purchase a locksmith service.
- Backend fleet command system that remotely administers kiosks and helps us scale.
- Order management system that ensures we securely handle customers’ money and data.
- Internal tools that power our mail-order key business.
- Multi-sided marketplace that connects locked-out customers with human locksmiths who can perform complex jobs for them on-demand.
- Infrastructure to make sure all of the above functions correctly and at scale.
- CI/CD pipeline that keeps it easy to write and deploy code here.
What You'll Be Doing
- Lead and motivate team(s) of engineers, and manage their objectives, activities and deliverables.
- Own system design, team structure and implementation schedule.
- Assess technologies & products to determine and/or recommend vendors & partners.
- Work with CTO and other senior leadership to set engineering objectives.
- Work with peers in Engineering and across departments to implement cross-functional projects.
How We Know You Can Do It
- Strong CS fundamentals, and hands-on experience in at least one of our major languages-- Python3, Haskell, Ruby, C
- Proven track record leading teams to accomplish lofty goals while keeping quality, tradeoffs and individuals’ career paths top of mind
- Experience shipping consumer facing products
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills with technical and non-technical folks
Bonus Points if You Have Experience With
- Distributed systems / microservices experience
- IPC architecture
- Docker / Kubernetes
- Computer Vision, Signal Processing, Machine Learning
- Embedded development
- USB devices
What You’ll Get
- Compensation package that includes salary and stock options
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Remote budget to set up your home office
- 401K plan with match
- Flexible PTO Policy
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Health Savings Account (HSA)