KeyMe is reinventing the $12 billion locksmith services industry with advanced robotics and AI, building the world’s most trusted brand in “access solutions”. Our network of self-service kiosks are located in thousands of retail locations across the country (IKEA, Bed Bath & Beyond, Albertsons, Kroger, RiteAid, Menards, etc.) supporting duplication of brass keys as well as sophisticated electronic keys such as RFID and vehicle transponder keys. Our kiosks are complemented by KeyMe locksmiths who provide unrivaled service quality for emergency lockouts and other skilled access and home services.
KeyMe is growing rapidly and has raised over $100M from top-tier investors like BlackRock, Comcast Ventures, and Battery Ventures.
About the Role
As a Product/User Experience Designer at KeyMe, you'll join a close-knit team of engineers, product managers, and business partners in marketing and customer service to make our self-service key duplicating kiosks even easier to use, our mobile apps more convenient and our tools for locksmiths and fellow employees ever more powerful and productive.
What You'll Be Doing:
You’ll solve problems based on real user research and smart hunches, while bearing business objectives in mind. You’ll identify, investigate, and validate opportunities and ultimately craft, design, test and ship design solutions.
We're not religious about process methodologies; we believe in using iterative processes that work for the moment, and holding retrospectives to improve how we work over time.
How We Know You Can Do It:
- You possess deep empathy for consumers, particularly those locked out of their home or car
- You bring out the best in your team and people enjoy working with you
- You design flows and experiences that are incredibly simple and smart
- You’re fascinated with how people engage with digital experience both in their personal lives and at work
- You're hyper-organized and practical. You love finding new ways to do things faster and better.
- You illustrate clear user stories and validate your assumptions and hypotheses through
- experimentation, testing, and research.
- You stay up to date on current themes, trends, and technologies in user experience design - particularly those emerging around in-person kiosks and mobile devices.
- You’re an excellent communicator. You enjoy communicating your design ideas and can cater your message to various audiences.
- 2+ years of experience in product design, UX consultancy, or a related field
- Proven track record in the creation of interaction models, user flows, screen designs, and UI details that promote ease of use and optimize the user experience
- Strong visual design skills
- Knowledge of HTML/CSS (Bonus: JS). While we don’t expect designers to write code, familiarity is important. Sharing a common language with our engineers is key.
- Proficiency with Sketch, Adobe CS, Zeplin, etc. (You decide how to communicate your ideas. Tools shouldn’t handcuff you.)
- Experience designing in-person “kiosk” experiences and native mobile apps (iOS or Android)
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- 401K plan
- Stock options
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Commuter Benefits
- Snacks and drinks in the office
- KeyMe Fun Activities Committee (KFAC)
- Paid Time Off
- Casual dress