We are looking for a Technical Writer who is passionate about helping our customers succeed and making the internet a better place.
Kevel enables our customers to build innovative and relevant advertising and content experiences quickly and easily. The Technical Writer will own our documentation efforts, collaborating with all teams across Kevel. They are an effective communicator with strict attention to detail who is comfortable writing about complex products and processes. Our documentation is a primary entry point for new integrating engineers, and exceptional documentation creates efficient onboarding experiences for our customers.
Location: Remote - US. This is a fully remote position. Applicants can be located anywhere within the US. All applicants must be eligible to work within the United States.
What you’ll accomplish:
- Become an expert in Kevel, our APIs, how they work and what they can do.
- Work closely with every team inside of Kevel, from Product and Engineering to Sales, Marketing and Customer Success to determine documentation needs
- Develop documentation standards, processes and best practices
- Write clear, concise documentation for Kevel’s external developer audiences
- Document new products, features, and APIs
- Manage relationship with external documentation vendors
- Develop code samples / pseudocode
- Contribute to internal documentation initiatives
Skills you’ll bring with you:
- Proficiency in writing software documentation
- Experience working with APIs or a highly technical product.
- Experience working with documentation software like Readme, Read the Docs, Confluence, or others
- Creative, empathetic, collaborative and curious
- Familiarity with the ad tech space is beneficial, but not required
- Previous experience working in adtech is a plus.
- Previous experience working on remote teams is a plus.
Why you’ll love working with us:
- You will be part of an inclusive and collaborative team environment where all opinions and values are heard.
- We operate remotely. We are a fully distributed team across the US and UK.
- You’ll receive world class benefits including:
- 100% company paid health, vision, and dental for you and your family.
- Paid parental leave benefits (12 weeks paid maternity, 4 weeks paid paternity)
- Free press benefits
- 401k (with 4% company match)
- Unlimited vacation (with total support to take at least 5 consecutive days off per year)
- 8 Paid Holidays + Kevel Holiday Break (office closed 12/24 - 1/1 every year!)
- Flexible schedules (you decide when and where you work best)
- We embrace transparency and encourage you to read more about what we value through our Company Constitution and Employee Bill of Rights, our About Kevel page, and Careers Page.
Kevel (previously Adzerk) offers the infrastructure APIs needed to quickly build custom ad platforms for sponsored listings, internal promotions, native ads, and more. We are committed to helping publishers drive new revenue and take back the Internet from ad tech giants like Google, Amazon, and Facebook.
Kevel is based in Durham, NC with locations in San Francisco and London. We embrace remote working culture with over half of our team working outside of Durham, spread across the United States and United Kingdom. Kevel is proud to be an inclusive workplace with one goal in common — we want to make the internet a better place.
As one of our core values, Kevel is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We provide Diversity & Inclusion Training for all of our employees and hold ourselves accountable to creating a truly inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.