Help us continue to grow and improve our core Ad Server Product and Engineering Teams to enable our customers to build, measure, and optimize their user-first ad experience and monetize their businesses.
We are looking for a passionate and experienced Engineering Manager to help us continue to grow and increase the rate at which our teams (including product, engineering, and design people) are able to deliver value to our customers and our business.
We are looking for a Software Engineering Manager who:
- Loves leading, managing, coaching, and mentoring individual Engineers and supporting product-focussed teams.
- Thrives in an environment where they are responsible for increasing teams’ ability to frequently and iteratively deliver high-quality software, as well as being responsible for the technological health of our systems.
- Will work to amplify our remote-first collaborative and open culture by working together with engineering and product leaders and our customer success teams.
- Will be responsible for managing individual engineers and will report directly to the General Manager of our Core Ad Systems division.
Location: Remote. This is a fully remote position. Applicants can be located anywhere within the US and must be legally eligible to work within the United States.
What you’ll accomplish:
- Improve your teams’ ability to continuously delivering high impact, high-quality work that is built with the needs of the customer in mind.
- Supporting, coaching, and developing high performing engineers through regular 1:1s, and continuous feedback highlighting areas of high performance and making discussable areas where performance differs from expectations
- Partnering with senior engineers to drive technical initiatives that improve our engineering practices: help us become an exceptional place to work for the talented, highly motivated people that we hire.
- Drive Execution:
- Partnering with Design and Product to build and deliver on product roadmaps, incrementally with a high level of quality
- Support After Action Reviews, and team-based retrospectives to ensure improvements are made, especially in areas that require communication across different teams or groups within the company.
- Be responsible for our onboarding process for new engineers.
- Measure and Iterate:
- Support teams tracking, visualizing, and understanding what contributes to end-to-end time. Lead and coach efforts to identify and reduce the time it takes from a concept to the time it produces value for Kevel or our customers.
Skills you’ll bring with you:
- You have previously worked as a software engineer at a senior level.
- You have experience managing or mentoring the performance and development of high-performing engineers. You care deeply about helping others achieve their goals, work at a sustainable pace, and become the best engineers they can be.
- You have an empathetic leadership style, strong listening skills, and you build strong, effective relationships.
- You have strong analytical skills: you know how to visual data and generate curiosity around what’s been found.
- You have experience with modern product engineering practices; product discovery, agile/iterative development, continuous integration / continuous delivery, and use of feature flags to get feedback from customers sooner.
- You believe that customer research is a team sport and have experience connecting product/engineering teams closely with customers.
- Experiences working in a remote-first environment.
Why you’ll love working with us:
- You will be part of an inclusive and collaborative team environment where all opinions and values are heard.
- We operate remotely. We are a fully distributed team across the US and UK.
- You’ll receive world class benefits including:
- 100% company paid health, vision, and dental for you and your family.
- Paid parental leave benefits (12 weeks paid maternity, 4 weeks paid paternity)
- Free press benefits
- 401k (with 4% company match)
- Unlimited vacation (with total support to take at least 5 consecutive days off per year)
- 8 Paid Holidays + Kevel Holiday Break (office closed 12/24 - 1/1 every year!)
- Flexible schedules (you decide when and where you work best)
- You’ll work with an award winning team! We’ve won numerous Best Places to Work Awards for several years and counting! We’ve also won many awards for our Innovation, Business Intelligence, and our best-in-class products (Software of the Year, Cloud Company of the Year, Best Ad Tech and API Innovator).
- We embrace transparency and encourage you to read more about what we value through our Company Constitution and Employee Bill of Rights, our About Kevel page, and Careers Page.
Kevel (previously Adzerk) offers the infrastructure APIs needed to quickly build custom ad platforms for sponsored listings, internal promotions, native ads, and more. We are committed to helping publishers drive new revenue and take back the Internet from ad tech giants like Google, Amazon, and Facebook.
Kevel is based in Durham, NC with locations in San Francisco and London. We embrace remote working culture with over half of our team working outside of Durham, spread across the United States and United Kingdom. Kevel is proud to be an inclusive workplace with one goal in common — we want to make the internet a better place.
As one of our core values, Kevel is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We provide Diversity & Inclusion Training for all of our employees and hold ourselves accountable to creating a truly inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.