Come lead Kevel’s IT & Security efforts as we help companies build innovative & user-first ad products to make the internet a better place!
- Kevel is hiring a Director of IT Security to join our operations team! At Kevel, our product team helps companies create custom ad experiences that put users first and go beyond the standard display ad.
- The operations team is responsible for managing our security infrastructure & policies. Additionally, this role would be responsible for providing incident response management and owning Kevel’s security and compliance efforts across both our product, external vendors, and the broader company.
- In this role, you will articulate technical security requirements, monitor the effectiveness of existing security controls frameworks, and raise the level of security awareness and policy compliance within the company.
- You will also ensure employee and vendor compliance with security policies, as well as coordinate with our product and engineering teams to maintain and update our corporate security policies.
- Lastly, you will be the point person on our efforts to obtain and comply with external security best practices like SOC 1 and 2 certifications, as well as general IT inquiries.
- This role will report to our CFO and will be instrumental in creating and implementing security measures to ensure compliance with both internal and external security standards.
- This is a fully remote position located in the US. Applicants can be located, and eligible to work, anywhere in the US.
What you’ll accomplish:
- Execute SOC 1 / 2 efforts, ISO27001
- Conduct Regular Risk Assessments
- Create policies, procedures, and controls to assure compliance with applicable regulatory, legal and audit requirements as well as good business practices (ex. FAIR)
- Ensure Compliance with Security Procedures
- Lead IT Security projects to improve Kevel security
- Manage general IT Inquiries and third party vendors
Skills you’ll bring with you:
- Project Management
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Experience managing vendor and third-party ecosystem risk management
- Experience in vendor management including: needs assessment, RFP, selection, implementation, performance management, contract negotiation, and fiscal accountability. Spans managed services, software solutions, and certification partners
- Strong understanding of US and international security compliance and privacy regulations (GDPR, CCPA)
- Ability to collaborate in a team environment across multiple time zones
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to quickly learn new technologies and keep up-to-date with current security landscape
Why you’ll love working with us:
- You will be part of an inclusive and collaborative team environment where all opinions and values are heard.
- We operate remotely. We are a fully distributed team across the US and UK.
- You’ll receive world class benefits including:
- 100% company paid health, vision, and dental for you and your family.
- Paid parental leave benefits (12 weeks paid maternity, 4 weeks paid paternity)
- Free press benefits
- 401k (with 4% company match)
- Unlimited vacation (with total support to take at least 5 consecutive days off per year)
- 8 Paid Holidays + Kevel Holiday Break (office closed 12/24 - 1/1 every year!)
- Flexible schedules (you decide when and where you work best)
- We embrace transparency and encourage you to read more about what we value through our Company Constitution and Employee Bill of Rights, our About Kevel page, and Careers Page.
Kevel (previously Adzerk) offers the infrastructure APIs needed to quickly build custom ad platforms for sponsored listings, internal promotions, native ads, and more. We are committed to helping publishers drive new revenue and take back the Internet from ad tech giants like Google, Amazon, and Facebook.
Kevel is based in Durham, NC with locations in San Francisco and London. We embrace remote working culture with over half of our team working outside of Durham, spread across the United States and United Kingdom. Kevel is proud to be an inclusive workplace with one goal in common — we want to make the internet a better place.
As one of our core values, Kevel is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We provide Diversity & Inclusion Training for all of our employees and hold ourselves accountable to creating a truly inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.