Kernal is creating mRNA drugs that instruct specific cells in the body on how to make their own medicine. We're seeking a highly motivated computational biologist for a full-time, 6-month data science internship to support the development of mRNA 2.0 therapeutics for immuno-oncology applications. The ideal candidate will play a critical role in reinforcing and expanding our informatics platform for the development of cancer cell specific ("onco-selective") mRNA therapies. Candidates with proven computational skills, strong team spirit, and an unquenchable thirst for learning new methods and solving challenging problems will be preferred.
One goal of this internship is to get to know the individual better and, if we're pleased with their performance, bring them on board as a permanent early employee (with a competitive salary, stock options, and excellent benefits).
- Analyze proteomics, transcriptomics data to generate testable hypotheses for wet lab experiments
- Present findings in group meetings
- Collaborate with team members
- Work independently and think out of the box to extract meaningful insights from public datasets
- BS/MS/PhD in Computational Biology/Bioinformatics or related field (pay will be commensurate with education and experience)
- Experience with NGS data, genomics analysis, samtools, RNAseq, proteomics, bash/shell scripting, public datasets such as TCGA and GTEX preferred
- Fluency in a programming language such as Python, R, or C++
- Eagerness to learn new methods
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Attention to details