As a Senior Account Executive at KERN, you are the primary day-to-day contact on the business and the master in executing the work. You partner with Manager/Program owner level clients and internal team leads. You contribute business/client expertise and market insights and collaborate with Account and internal leads to deliver strong briefs, reports and campaigns. You manage client expectations well and communicate a clear understanding of their business priorities to the internal teams.
What you’ll do:
- Develop program level client relationships across the client organization, building trust by anticipating and exceeding client needs through delivering campaigns on time and budget
- Partner with Client Service team and agency departments to orchestrate projects including creative, strategy and analytic briefings and reviews and deliverables
- Demonstrate a thoughtful understanding of Client’s business, industry and CRM marketing dynamics
- Supports Client Service team in contributing trends affecting client businesses, including economic, industry, competitive and cultural factors
- Become knowledgeable of Omnicom partner agency specialties/roles, services and tools
- Manage all stages of development to ensure the work meets client expectations, is on brief, on brand and within scope
- Attend and contribute to all planning meetings and program presentations. You advocate for the work, set client expectations beforehand and managing feedback in the meetings.
- Work with Project Management to ensure all scheduled deliverables are completed on schedule and within specification
- Work closely with Analytics team to understand performance reporting and provide program context to support insights
- Support and grow internal and client partner and vendor relationships
- Lead efficient meetings
- Ensure Client approvals are obtained on all phases of a project
- Lead status meetings providing updated information and daily status updates
- Have strong understanding of assigned clients’ business, contacts, brand creative and style guidelines, and legal requirements
- Evaluate copy, art and production materials and address concerns knowledgeably with co-workers
- Seek, share, deliver information effectively and timely to all required team members and anticipate/avoid obstacles while seeking efficiencies
- Report to Account Supervisor on issues and make suggestions for immediate resolution
- Understand client scope of work and inform manager of any activities that may affect profitability
What you’re like:
- Have a passion for a deep understanding of your client’s business and industry
- Detail and deadline oriented
- Demonstrate ability to exercise good judgment, prioritize multiple tasks, and problem solve under pressure of deadlines and resource constraints.
- Constantly seek out opportunities to learn and be trained
- Desire to understand data and what it means to business planning
- Eager to deepen your working knowledge of standard CRM marketing channels including email, SMS/MMS, display, direct mail, mobile, social, etc.
- At ease in building client relationships based in demonstrating a passion for their business
- Savvy leading all stages of campaign development to ensure work meets client expectations and business goals
- Communicate clearly, effectively, and confidently
- Resolves conflict easily and quickly, reducing organization and interpersonal issues
- A problem solver
What you’ve done:
- 3 years of Account Management experience in a digital agency/marketing services business that specializes in email, social, mobile, digital and print tactics
- Successful track record of managing multiple projects and being a trusted partner with agency teams
- Proven ability to work collaboratively and provide business expertise and a point-of-view to the internal teams
- Strong skills in managing all stages of delivery of campaigns, planning and analytic reports
- Proven ability to provide clear feedback on creative deliverables
Wondering what we're like? At, KERN we are:
- Kind: We understand that our clients and our employees all have unique experiences that have shaped them. Seeking ideas from every corner of the agency allows our people to be comfortable being themselves every day.
- Smart: We know that the best and brightest thinking is what elevates our work. When our teams come together, we amplify individual strengths to deliver innovative solutions for our clients, and pivot if we’re off-strategy.
- Creative: We believe in pushing boundaries, reimagining the customer experience through insightful work, and measuring success with precision analytics. We think bigger and we deliver more.