As a Director on our Marketing Analytics team, you’ll be the lead architect and visionary for one of the agency’s largest accounts. You’ll also be a voice for KERN and within the industry, a highly visible advocate who speaks confidently and credibly, both externally and internally.
In our data-driven world, you’ll help create innovative approaches to customer data and analytics. You’ve seen more patterns, have a rich capacity for convincing a client to act, and a finely tuned ability to integrate disparate ideas by linking the data to desired outcomes.
We’re looking for a mature mix of skills: data science, marketing, research, communication, insight, presentation and leadership.
What you’ll do:
- Architect and help deliver the marketing performance reporting platform for one of the agency’s largest accounts
- Interact daily with KERN Analytics and Tech teams
- Drive the use of data to create a strategic analytics framework for cultivating and producing insights that build our clients’ brands by identifying and maximizing key customer experience touch points and measuring ROI to prove it
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of client business strategy, products, competitors and industry standards
- Serve as day-to-day analytics partner to the clients, using excellent communication and strong presentation skills internally and with clients of all levels
- Oversee the analytics strategy and reporting on multi-media marketing campaigns — from planning to development to execution to evaluation — through dashboard development and tracking/measuring deliverables
- Counsel clients on business opportunities, providing strong recommendations on project and partnership priorities
- Perform data analysis, effectively summarizing findings and sharing actionable applications with colleagues and clients
- Demonstrate strong understanding of digital and social platforms, trends and measurement approaches with an enthusiastic pursuit of continuous learning
- Oversee the development of metrics, dashboard reports and campaign test design
- Apply innovative data analytics methodologies to drive customer insights for our clients’ brands
- Engage and take a lead in business development efforts
What you’ve got:
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking ability with deep understanding of digital media, technologies and trends
- Inquisitive nature and desire to develop compelling insights that drive integrated marketing analytics across the customer journey
- Proven ability to develop trusted client partnerships
- Confidence, leadership and the ability to lead a direct and matrixed support team in different locations
- Prior success working within client organization partnering with all levels of client leadership
- Ability to anticipate needs that the client may not yet recognize and ensure that approaches and creative solutions are linked to client objectives with supportive data
- Savviness to know how to build and influence relationships that demonstrate an understanding of client business and build confidence in KERN’s expertise.
- Excellent writing and communication skills; ability to personally prepare client-ready deliverables and presentations
- Able to effectively communicate compelling insights from qualitative and quantitative inputs
- Successful track record of working independently and autonomously while being a valued partner with strong relationships
- Innate curiosity that drives you to pursue and bring to life new ideas and solutions in partnership with your teammates
- Ability to prioritize, problem-solve and remain poised, positive and productive in high-pressure situations
- Fun and collaborative, looking to help lead, develop and add to the agency’s marketing expertise and relevance
- Action-oriented with a strong sense of accountability
- Creative thinker with analytical problem-solving skills
What you’ve done:
- 7-10 years’ work experience in marketing analytics (marketing agency experience highly preferred)
- Post-graduate degree in a quantitative field or MBA
- Managed, mentored and cultivating a growing team
- Possess strong experience in managing data and data mining
- Success developing overall engagement strategy and working with various SMEs, discipline leads and teams to execute plans
- Excellent knowledge of desktop applications and software used for data analysis, manipulation and visualization:
- MS Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Advanced SQL
- Advanced Tableau
- In-depth understanding of analytics, database and technology platforms, and media channels
- Experiential knowledge of multi-/cross-channel and digital marketing techniques for:
- Testing and evaluation of campaign elements
- Tracking and measurement of campaign metrics
- Analysis and reporting of campaign metrics
- Strong understanding of advertising/marketing business objectives and dynamics
Wondering what we're like? At, KERN we are:
- Kind: We understand that our clients and our employees all have unique experiences that have shaped them. Seeking ideas from every corner of the agency allows our people to be comfortable being themselves every day.
- Smart: We know that the best and brightest thinking is what elevates our work. When our teams come together, we amplify individual strengths to deliver innovative solutions for our clients, and pivot if we’re off-strategy.
- Creative: We believe in pushing boundaries, reimagining the customer experience through insightful work, and measuring success with precision analytics. We think bigger and we deliver more.