Senior Content Writer/ Editor
We're looking for a Senior Content Writer/Editor with strong B2B marketing (tech experience a plus) to support business marketing initiatives for an exciting high-tech Fortune 50 brand. This writer will work alongside subject matter experts, Product/Project Managers, and partner with external clients. While adhering to client’s marketing strategies and objectives, this individual will have the ability to write and proofread copy for brand voice, tone, readability, accuracy, clarity, correcting spelling, grammar, punctuation, and consistency of content / format.
The Senior Content Writer/ Editor will work with a core client editorial team that delegates and oversees writing and editing assignments often under tight deadlines. Our ideal candidate will have 8+ years of relevant experience and must be able to take technical content and write so that it is readable and easy to understand for multiple audiences.
What you'll do:
- Write for a variety of content types, including white papers, blogs, email campaigns, product brochures, digital banners, landing pages, video scripts, presentations, and infographics using insights provided
- Translate copy strategy into effective messages
- Ensure best practices in grammar, messaging, writing, and style
- Write and edit to appropriate audiences (enterprise, small business, public sector) according to medium (e.g. white paper vs. digital banner copy vs. email)
- Research and coordinate content ideas to share with content team
- Work with SEO team to incorporate key search terms into content with focus on web traffic and engagement / performance
- Help identify gaps or redundancies in content and recommend new topics relevant to the marketplace. To stay aware of trends and competitive landscape and bring ideas to the table.
- Review and update published content as needed.
What you've got:
- Solid understanding of marketing and advertising principles
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and produce the highest quality work under tight deadlines
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, positive attitude, and experience working with executive-level clients
- A portfolio of any mix of published articles, white papers, advertising campaigns and digital work including email, website, and social campaigns. Can also share video, broadcast, and print samples
What you should have:
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Marketing, Advertising, or Journalism (or relevant field) preferred
- 8+ years’ writing in an advertising or public relations agency, marketing firm, in-house communications team, or in a freelance capacity
- Writing experience with telecom or tech industry a strong plus
- Rock-solid writing, proofing, and editing skills in English
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (including PowerPoint and Word programs)