The KERN team is growing! We are looking for KIND, SMART and CREATIVE talent to join our ranks.
We are looking for a talented Account Executive to join a growing B2B account team based out of LA. This Account Executive (AE) is the essential touchpoint between our clients, creative, production and technology teams.
The Account Executive will facilitate the exchange of information between the agency and the client from the time a client first initiates a request until that campaign is live and the results are collated. Clients have requests, and the account executive fields them. Account executives must be on top of the timing of every project to meet crucial deadlines.
There's no typical day in advertising. This industry experiences daily—if not hourly—challenges and emergencies. But a typical working scenario for an advertising account executive will usually include the following duties:
- Partner across agency departments to facilitate briefing meetings, prepare presentation materials for launch meetings, assign job numbers, create and traffic project folders, track progress, set up creative reviews, secure approvals and QC deliverables
- Participate in workflow status meetings providing updated information and provide daily status updates
- Lead internal client status meetings with various agency stakeholders
- Ensure all scheduled deliverables are completed on schedule, within specification (through change order review and confirmation of specs with production)
- Support team in the preparation of change order documents and participate in reviewing final to film, proofs and closely follows for client approval
- Work with account teams to maintain current and accurate mailing matrices and ensure that all agency departments are familiar with and following rules for versioning, coding, etc. as established for specific jobs
- Seek, share, deliver information effectively to all required team members and anticipate and avoid obstacles
- Follow through on all scheduled tasks, manage outstanding issues with team members, and develop contingency plans to remain on schedule
- Work directly with clients to support account team with deliverables as required
- Develop a strong understanding of assigned clients’ business, contacts, creative and style guidelines, and legal requirements
- Communicate assignment details and monitors work effort through to completion
- Ensure clients are informed of all account activities, confirms all client conversations and agreements
- Track client approvals for copy, layout, mechanicals, printing proofs and media-related documents
- Prepare and distribute client/agency conference reports
- Analyze campaign results, makes result projections, draws conclusions, and recommends how to proceed with a degree of expertise
- 2-4 years’ experience within marketing agency environment
- B2B account experience highly preferred
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Great communication skills and forward thinking to anticipate the needs of clients
- Strong problem-solving skills with exceptional organizational skills to juggle multiple campaigns simultaneously
- Keen attention to detail and organizational skills in preparing presentation decks to share with clients
- Demonstrated ability to maintain required performance level and project accuracy in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business or Communications preferred
Wondering what we're like? At, KERN we are:
- Kind: We understand that our clients and our employees all have unique experiences that have shaped them. Seeking ideas from every corner of the agency allows our people to be comfortable being themselves every day.
- Smart: We know that the best and brightest thinking is what elevates our work. When our teams come together, we amplify individual strengths to deliver innovative solutions for our clients, and pivot if we’re off-strategy
- Creative: We believe in pushing boundaries, reimagining the customer experience through insightful work, and measuring success with precision analytics. We think bigger and we deliver more.