The KERN team is growing! We are looking for a KIND, SMART and CREATIVE Marketing Associate to join our ranks in Los Angeles.
This is not your average associate role! We are looking for an individual with high energy that will thrive in a fast-paced environment. On the Business Development team, every day presents new opportunity to problem solve and marketing project to deliver.
Our ideal Marketing Associate will possess a strong sense of ownership over everything you do at the agency. You have an entrepreneurial spirit, knack for working autonomously and collaboratively, and ability to come to the table with three creative solutions to any one problem. Anything you’re lacking in experience you make up for with your enthusiasm and a tenacity to 'just figure it out'.
If your interests and experiences align with the qualities below, we’d love to hear from you.
What you’ll do:
- Drive new client growth for the agency by researching, identifying, qualifying, developing and nurturing strategic client relationships as a trusted thought leader
- Identify client pain points, propose solutions and gives prospects the confidence that KERN can solve their problem
- Lead the agency marketing team to identify new marketing opportunities based on competitive analysis, such as new ideas for marketing, online advertising, direct marketing, web presence, publications and service offerings
- Write daily, from blog posts to white papers, newsletters, audio and video scripts, press releases, case studies, client briefs, capabilities decks, presentations and proposals
- Work side-by-side with VP of Business Development and senior leaders on strategic new business pitch enablement from beginning to end
- Develop, coordinate and prepare responses for RFI, RFP and custom client proposals—ranging from writing to editing and massaging content that's come from various different people into a coherent narrative and voice that contains the newest and most relevant material
- Manage a library of case studies, approach documents, boilerplate language and thought leadership articles to leverage for RFP responses and proposals
- Serve as a central point of contact for cross-functional agency pitch teams for all pitch-related materials and logistical needs, cultivating relationships across the agency and Omnicom network that make it easy to work together to coordinate assignments, meetings and schedules
- Manage pitch team schedule and meetings, prepare project timelines, take notes during core team meetings and distribute to team, conduct in-depth review and quality control of all pitch deliverables ensuring content aligns with client requirements
- Determine items that are behind schedule; identify barriers to progress, and plan and implement effective and efficient problem-solving and corrective action plans
What you’re like
- Natural-born storyteller with an inquisitive mind
- Team player with the ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Great at building and nurturing relationships
- Proactive in nature, with a strong sense of urgency
- Flexible with an appreciation for last minute changes and evolving responsibilities
- Tenacious in meeting deadlines, knowing when to prioritize and say no to things
- Adaptable to different work environments and working styles of multiple agencies
- Can think on your feet with the ability to ask the right questions and find solutions
- Have exceptional standards for quality and impeccable attention to detail
- Have a good sense of humor and collaborative spirit to promote a sense of camaraderie
What You’ve Got
- 1-3 years agency, marketing services or consulting firm experience (internships count) likely in a business development, marketing, account management, or project management role
- Bachelor’s degree in advertising, communications, journalism, or marketing
- Excellent written, visual, verbal and presentation communication skills; you will be writing something every day in this job
- Strong editorial and proofreading skills, with the ability to serve as a second pair of eyes on something while respecting the author's style and intent
- Strong organization, time management and project management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work well across all team hierarchies
- Ability to work in a team environment that promotes collaboration as well as act independently
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) and Keynote
- Mid-level design abilities appreciated, but not required
Wondering if you'll fit here? At KERN we are:
- KIND: We understand that our clients and our employees all have unique experiences that have shaped them. Seeking ideas from every corner of the agency allows our people to be comfortable being themselves every day.
- SMART: We know that the best and brightest thinking is what elevates our work. When our teams come together, we amplify individual strengths to deliver innovative solutions for our clients, and pivot if we’re off-strategy.
- CREATIVE: We believe in pushing boundaries, reimagining the customer experience through insightful work, and measuring success with precision analytics. We think bigger and we deliver more.