At KERN, our Marketing Data Analysts are responsible for combination of data manipulation and analysis skills to support scheduled reporting deliverables as well as ad-hoc analysis requests. From defining and producing client specific KPI reports to crafting detailed insights for marketing decision making.
Marketing Data Analysts aim to extract and provide insights related to customer behaviors across all channels. Day to day responsibilities can range from ETL to simple data summaries, hands-on use of SQL to manipulate data, development of visualization dashboards, and may include preparation of client-facing insights presentations. Report QC and the required attention to detail is an integral part of this position.
When not working on regularly scheduled reporting, the Marketing Data Analyst is charged with driving improvements in reporting processes and mine database data for additional client insights that can drive improvements in marketing strategy. The Marketing Data Analyst will own some assigned projects from start to finish and partner with team members on some projects as well.
What you'll do:
- Query and view design to pull data for ad hoc analytics
- Development of interactive dashboards used to develop actionable insights
- Analysis of report data to provide client insights
- Quality control of weekly reporting
- Production and quality control of ad hoc reporting
- Collaborate with internal teams to provide client deliverables
What you've got:
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative discipline such as Mathematics, Econometrics, Statistics, or similar discipline a plus
- 2+ years using SQL + SQL Queries for relational databases (internships count!!)
- 2+ years advanced Excel usage (pivot tables, vlookups, formulas, etc.)
- 1+ years using MS Powerpoint to deliver data summaries or basic reporting/insights
- Exposure to Tableau or similar data visualization tools to transform data and develop interactive dashboard
- Basic understanding of statistics principals
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills