The KERN team is growing! We are looking for a KIND, SMART and CREATIVE Account Executive to join our ranks in Los Angeles!
Our ideal Account Executive will lead marketing projects from concept to delivery across multiple consumer healthcare clients and lines of business. You will have the opportunity to work hand-in-hand with project management and collaborate with creative, development, and operations teams daily. Anything you’re lacking in experience you make up for with your enthusiasm and a knack for just figuring it out. You are excited about working on a national healthcare brand and be at the forefront of direct to consumer communications.
What you'll do: (responsibilities)
- Work with the account team and agency departments/vendors to orchestrate projects including creative and strategy briefings and reviews and media and analytics briefings and deliverables
- Reports to Account Supervisor on issues and make suggestions for immediate resolution.
- Client Leadership
- Understands client scope of work and is responsible for informing manager of any activities that may affect profitability
- Lead efficient meetings and conference calls
- Participate in project status meetings by providing updated information and daily status updates
- Lead internal client status meetings with account team and other relevant departments
- Ensure Client approvals are obtained on all phases of a project
- Provide timely updates as needed for all agency and client partners
- Communicate with organization, confidence, and knowledge (clear, concise, smart, and organized presentation of thought).
- Contribute suggestions, new ideas, procedure recommendations, etc. to supervisors and agency management
- Project Support
- Demonstrates an understanding of Client’s business, market and brand. Develop a strong understanding of assigned clients’ business, contacts, creative and style guidelines, and legal requirements
- Serve as champion for Client’s Communication Plan components (e.g. target, channel, message, offers, etc.).
- Demonstrate ability to exercise good judgment, prioritize multiple tasks, and problem solve under pressure of deadlines and resource constraints
- Prepares and distributes client/agency conference reports
- Evaluate copy, art, media plans, and production materials and address concerns knowledgeably with co-workers
- Understands and applies direct marketing principles and techniques
- Team Coordination
- Attends or leads meetings, bringing necessary documents and providing comprehensive recap and next steps to the internal team in a timely manner
- Seek, share, deliver information effectively to all required team members and anticipate/avoid obstacles while seeking efficiencies
- Work with Project Management to ensure all scheduled deliverables are completed on schedule and within specification
- Work closely with Analytics team to understand performance reporting and provide program context to support the analysis and insights
- Support and grow partner and vendor relationships
- Foster Relationships
- Ensures the agency operates on a solid foundation by building strong relationships with junior and mid-level client
- Builds rapport and productive relationships and communicates effectively with internal partner teams and outside suppliers
What you're like: (preferred attributes)
- Ability to foster a positive, “can-do” attitude regardless of challenges
- Displays problem solving abilities
- Develops positive, productive working relationships with all agency personnel
- Builds interdepartmental diplomacy
- Establishes professional credibility
- Demonstrates flexibility and dependability
- Appreciates the perspectives of other departments/teams
- Accurate and detail oriented
- Excellent organizational skills
What you've got: (qualifications)
- 2-4 years marketing or advertising agency experience in a client-facing Account Service or Project Management capacity
- prior Healthcare, Insurance, Pharma account experience a huge plus!!
- Strong communication, presentation and client management skills
- Experience managing various projects including direct mail, email, web/digital from initiation through delivery
- Appreciation for organization and process in order to deliver complex programs on time... every time
- Prior success managing omni-channel marketing projects including direct mail, online, and special projects in a fully competent, autonomous manner from initiation through completion
- Experience working closely with creative counterparts, handling creative reviews and client approvals
- Experience participating/leading meetings (interdepartmental or client) and making valuable contributions
- Excellent written and oral communication able to dictate in a clear and precise manner.
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university preferred
Wondering what we're like? At, KERN we are:
- Kind: We understand that our clients and our employees all have unique experiences that have shaped them. Seeking ideas from every corner of the agency allows our people to be comfortable being themselves every day.
- Smart: We know that the best and brightest thinking is what elevates our work. When our teams come together, we amplify individual strengths to deliver innovative solutions for our clients, and pivot if we’re off-strategy
- Creative: We believe in pushing boundaries, reimagining the customer experience through insightful work, and measuring success with precision analytics. We think bigger and we deliver more.