The Finance Manager is a strategic, results-oriented, business leader responsible for timely, relevant and accurate financial performance reporting. This individual will oversee business, financial, and operational analysis to impact top-line and bottom-line results and to support senior management decision making. Daily tasks will include updating monthly reports and tracking performance against projections and management of financial analysts.
What you’ll do:
- Create and maintain financial models for budgeting, forecasting, and reporting.
- Assist in managing the monthly revenue reporting and recognition process.
- Prepare and maintain regular financial planning and tracking reports: weekly utilization, weekly revenue tracking, monthly profit and loss forecast, additional ad hoc reports as necessary
- Identifies financial status by comparing and analyzing actual results with plans and forecasts.
- Improves financial status by analyzing results; monitoring variances; identifying trends; recommending actions to management.
- Provide excellent customer service to all employees, clients, and vendors.
- Work closely with Client teams by being their strategic financial business partner in properly developing, reviewing, and approving scopes of work, and pricing staff plans for Client engagements
- Support New Business pitches including developing remuneration proposals
- Analyze and track key KPIs across the business, including client profitability and staff utilization
- Identify compelling insights and trends across the business, media spend, and compare to industry standards
- Provide ad hoc analytical support, responding to various requests from multiple departments, and perform special projects as needed
- Seek and implement ways to improve, streamline, and automate processes
What you’re like:
- Highly skilled, self-starter, confident in your abilities; not afraid to share opinions or new perspectives in the pursuit of excellence
- Strategic thinker, intrinsically curious in each and every task with a positive attitude in all that you do
- Able to collaborate effectively at all levels and functions with executive team members, clients and other business stakeholders to ensure the integrity of company standards and operations
- Solution-oriented with an impeccable eye for detail
- A positive attitude and the ability to thrive in a collaborative agency environment
- Strong propensity for client-service
- Sound business acumen; strategic skills; common sense
What you’ve got:
- Bachelor's degree, preferably with a quantitative orientation such as finance, accounting or economics; ideally, have or be working toward an MBA
- 5+ years of financial management experience, preferably in an Advertising/Direct Marketing company
- Experience in developing financial projections, budgets and resource planning for a dynamic business
- 2+ years of experience in a ‘billable hours’ environment ex: Consulting, Legal, Engineering, Advertising etc.
- Expert proficiency in Excel including pivot tables, lookups, complex formulas, charts, etc.
- Microsoft AX and Cognos experience strongly preferred
- Excellent communication skills; including strong presentation skills
- Proven record of success working within tight deadlines across multiple projects and deliverables
- Excellent project management abilities