At KERN we believe in optimizing the customer experience at very opportunity. Every click, search, call, comment, share, and rating provides insight into personal interests, patterns, and desires. We use every bit of data available to shape genuine customer personas and relevant communications that drive brand affinity.
The Senior Strategic Planner is a crucial part of our team and responsible for crafting credible, sophisticated insights. They will delivering thoughtful creative briefs to inspire our internal teams and insightful presentations/content to external clients.
Our ideal candidate will have customer loyalty or comms planning expertise on and experience across large B2C accounts.
If you are a deeply curious and articulate communicator that is well-versed in the art of the brief, then maybe you’re our next senior planner…
What you’ll do:
- Work with our clients, creative, analytics and account teams to understand the true nature of our client’s challenges and help find ways to solve them
- Lead in development of customer journey and cross-channel comms plans
- Be the voice of the consumer, always advocating for real people
- Develop insight-driven creative briefs to inspire our creative teams
- Be proficient with secondary research tools to pull quick data to inform briefs and plans
- Have experience conducting primary research, with and without hefty research budgets
- Build relationships with other agency partners, stakeholders, and senior client contacts
What you’re like:
- A natural-born storyteller
- Infinitely interested in understanding people
- Successful working on ever-evolving, collaborative, and high visibility accounts
What you’ve got:
- 4+ years’ experience in strategy, insights or planning roles in digital or marketing agency
- Ability to interpret data and tell a story using analytics and marketing datapoints
- Demonstrated experience creating vision and strategic plans that influence department initiatives
- Experience developing recommendations and road maps for integrated customer plans
- Mobile, Tech/Internet, Streaming account or other subscription models a plus
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, Advertising or Business preferred