We're looking for a talented Account Executive with experience managing print collateral and direct marketing projects to join our growing team! Our ideal candidate, has 2-4 years of marketing agency experience (internships count!!) and knows what it takes to be the glue that holds a project together.
At KERN, Account Executives facilitate the exchange of information between the agency and the client from the time a client first initiates a request until that campaign is live and the results are collated. Clients have demands, and the account executive takes care of them. Account executives must be on top of the timing of every project to meet crucial deadlines.
There's no typical day in advertising. This industry experiences daily—if not hourly—challenges and emergencies. But a typical working scenario for an advertising account executive will usually include the following duties:
- Full project execution: work with the account team and other agency departments to facilitate briefing meetings, prepare presentation materials for launch meetings, assign job numbers, create and traffic project folders, track progress, set up creative reviews, secure approvals and review/QC deliverables
- Coordinate with all agency departments that will be touching the project – Creative, Production, Media, MarTech and Accounting as required
- Review creation and revision of estimates entered into Advantage by Production to check accuracy
- Create project schedules and provide timely updates as needed by agency partners
- Ensure all scheduled deliverables are completed on schedule, within specification (through change order review and confirmation of specs with production)
- Monitor job hours by pulling weekly hours reports and alerting partners of potential overages in order to ensure that projects are consistently completed within allotted hours
- Follow through on all scheduled tasks, manage outstanding issues with team members, and develop contingency plans to remain on schedule
- Review and QC changes prior to routing to necessary partners
- Support team in the preparation of change order documents and participate in reviewing final to film, proofs and lives for sign off to assist in ensuring accuracy and catching errors
- Work with account teams to maintain current and accurate mailing matrices and ensure that all agency departments are familiar with and following rules for versioning, coding, etc. as established for specific jobs
- Participate in workflow status meetings providing updated information and provide daily status updates; Lead internal client status meetings with account team and other relevant departments
- Manage comments/changes/questions and keep track of requirements to train extended agency teams and ensure future accuracy
- Seek, share, deliver information effectively to all required team members and anticipate/avoid obstacles while seeking efficiencies and work with supervisor to make recommendations for process modifications
- Delegate trafficking, schedule updates, and other tasks to downstream staff as needed in order to quickly and effectively move jobs through the agency
- Develop a strong understanding of assigned clients’ business, contacts, creative and style guidelines, and legal requirements
- Work directly with clients to support account team with deliverables as required
- Communicates assignment details and monitors work effort through to completion.
- Reviews and approves copy, layout, mechanicals, printing proofs and media-related documents.
- Makes sure client is informed of all account activities, confirms all client conversations and agreements.
- Prepares and distributes client/agency conference reports.
- Draws logical conclusions from optional courses of action and illustrates trade-offs/opportunities of each option.
- Analyzes results, makes result projections, draws conclusions, and recommends how to proceed with a degree of expertise.
- Responsible for the duties of the AC and/or AAE if those positions are not filled on the assigned account team.
- 2-4 years of experience working within a marketing agency or print shop
- exposure to direct marketing campaigns and best practices is a plus!!
- Strong attention to detail and ability to juggle multiple deadlines
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, Advertising or Business preferred