The KERN production team is looking for a seasoned Print Production Manager to join our LA based agency.
In this role, you will be responsible for managing day-to-day direct mail efforts with an intense attention to detail. You should be obsessed and knowledgeable about print production management, direct mail campaign management and familiar to mail needs for paper, proofs, image personalization, lettershop, quality control best practices. Experienced with the financial cycle is ideal, estimating, invoicing and budget reconciling. Knowledge of digital, litho and inline production methods are key. You’ll work with internal creative and studio teams to request assets, and work with outside vendors to scope, price, print and mail multiple and often complex campaigns.
You will also have the opportunity to partner-up with a dozen other elite print production specialists like you. The production team has each other’s backs to help complete all work and enjoys some team laughs along the way to help us all get through the day.
What you'll do here:
- Own on-time, error-free, and within budget production of all print assigned jobs
- Develop and monitor cost and time estimates, comprehensive print/mailing specifications, manageable timelines
- Generate print, lettershop, postage pricing budget
- Consult with multiple suppliers to provide guidance regarding formats, print specifications and feasibility
- Provide written documentation for all orders, changes and estimates; re-bid maintaining price continuity, utilize Client procurement tool as required
- Review jobs for accuracy, quality, on-spec, USPS postal regulations, and functionality
- Manage Account and Creative expectations on project schedules, manufacturability and budgets
- Resolve vendor issues: changes to pricing that differ from original written estimate, negotiating discounts for errors, working with vendors to identify quality control process issues and their resolution, and maintaining open communication with respect to the changing needs of Kern clients
- Oversee financial cycle for projects to ensure that budgets are approved and proper purchasing and invoice processes are followed
- Analyze and define a problem, evaluate alternatives, provide viable solutions, develop, document and optimize processes that improve quality, efficiency and client/team satisfaction
- Reconcile jobs with team at completion of campaign
What you'll bring with you:
- 5-7 years of experience buying and a overseeing of direct mail projects
- Strong understanding of USPS postal regulations, format design approval process, postal logistics, and consolidation processes
- Exceptional knowledgeable in direct mail manufacturing methods, options and best practices
- Experience managing the financial cycle for projects to ensure that budgets are approved and proper purchasing and invoice processes are followed
- Expertise touring and evaluating print plants/partners
- Strong communication skills - ability to concisely convey a POV effectively and appropriately in formal and informal settings
- Demonstrate strong presentation skills. Use good judgment regarding what to communicate to whom as well as the best way to communicate in order to effect change and accomplish goals.
- Confidence to make strategic production and postage recommendations to Print Production Director
- Expertise to proactively and fairly resolved issues with clients, vendors, other departments, team members
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to deliver key information in a clear and concise manner. Proficient in Windows, Word, Excel Software.