- We have an exciting opportunity for a skilled quantitative researcher to join an ambitious multi asset class project spanning quantitative research, alpha capture and optimisation.
- This project is genuinely groundbreaking, and offers a startup-like environment and working culture with the stability of being backed by one of the world’s largest institutional investors.
- This is an exciting opportunity for the right researcher to research and implement cutting edge techniques in optimisation, statistical prediction and machine learning.
- ** REMOTE FRIENDLY ** this is a hybrid team, and your role can be based either in our Singapore office or remotely (Europe or Singapore time zone)
In This Role You Will
- Conceptualise innovative ideas, methods, and/or models and efficiently implement in code
- Undertake challenging quantitative research by applying sophisticated and complex statistical and machine learning techniques to fundamental and alpha capture datasets
- Work with a global team of experienced researchers and portfolio managers with cv’s from top tier quantitative investment firms
- Apply a process driven focus on researching, developing and implementing internal Alpha Capture strategies
- Report directly to experienced Portfolio Manager
- Masters in a Quantitative subject (Mathematics, Statistics, Econometrics, Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent)
- Bachelor’s degree from top-tier programs will also be considered
- 2-7 years experience within a large bank or investment firm with assets in excess of $2 billion
- Strong Quantitative/Statistical skills and independent research experience
- Advanced programming experience scripting in Python (this is a tech-heavy quant role)
- Ability to challenge conventional thinking and possess a mindset of continuous improvement
- Buy-side (equities or credit) experience, ideally in StatArb or Alpha Capture oriented environment
- Strong software engineering background will also be considered, in lieu of above
- Understanding of equities portfolio construction, risk/return attribution, transaction cost analysis, and portfolio research
- Ability to view and react to live portfolios
- Experience working with Machine Learning models
Applicants are first screened on their academic and professional record, and progress through a technical interview, followed by online testing, and an interview with senior research team members. All applicants are evaluated on problem solving, raw intelligence, creativity, research experience, programming/technical skills and overall general fit.
Kepler is focused on radical innovation for the world of investment management. We build and invest in cutting-edge technology with the potential to disrupt institutional asset management. As an autonomous division of GIC, one of the world’s largest sovereign wealth funds, Kepler is nimble, and innovative in spirit, but possesses the backing to tackle monumental projects and have an enormous impact across industries. We strive to foster an intellectually challenging environment, where merit and contribution, not seniority, drive the discussion.
Kepler is an autonomous, wholly owned subsidiary of GIC, the sovereign wealth fund of Singapore. GIC has over 1,400 employees managing well over $100B in assets. They have offices in Singapore, New York City, San Francisco, London, Mumbai, Beijing, Shanghai, Seoul, Tokyo, and São Paulo.