Are you interested in investment decision-making?
Want to join a fast-growing rapid prototyping group? Keep reading.
We are an institutionally backed fintech startup, looking for outstanding frontend developers for our Rapid Prototyping Group. Our team prototypes and develops advanced technology tools to transform investment decision-making.
We believe outstanding UI/X will be the key differentiator in breakout technology solutions that can disrupt the institutional investing landscape.
Data visualization is the perfect combination of art and data. We are searching for front-end developers with outstanding aesthetic taste and a true appreciation for the benefits of great UI/X. We are keen to speak with innovators in the field of data visualization.
Our team regularly conceptualizes and develops unique and industry-first data visualization and human interaction systems and so this is an unparalleled opportunity for someone with an interest in this area.
You will not just implement Figma mock-ups. Undoubtedly, you will be an active contributor to the design discussions and help create one of the best data visualization project ideas for investment decision-making;
€40,000 - 50,000 + cash performance compensation
We offer you a positive work environment that values creative problem solving, open communication, and a flat hierarchy.
We run a “remote-first” team. You will be working with a dynamic, passionate, and collaborative group of international researchers, investors, software engineers, and academics.
The rapid prototyping group develops technical solutions and proof of concepts that are used to establish the product-market fit of disruptive investment decision-making tools in one of the world’s largest institutional investment firms.
Our tools expose machine learning, statistical analysis, time series forecasting, data pipelines, process automation and workflow management, and many other techniques to address some of the most intellectually stimulating problems in our industry.
Outstanding UX is the key to making these tools work with human expert users.
We work in small, cross-functional teams with big goals, so you will need to be adaptive and adept at clear communication.
Why join the Rapid Prototyping Group (RPG):
Focus on writing code and creating innovative interaction solutions in intellectually challenging domains: We believe in 30 hours of focused engineering time per week. Each week you will have no more than 5 hours of meetings, with remaining time to be spent on mastering new technologies and business domains to incorporate into your technical projects.
Build Interfaces & Interaction Tools as Art: we are committed to developing the most innovative and beautiful interactions and interfaces in the investment management industry. You will work on stunning front-ends with a team of fellow aesthetics. We don’t do CRUD apps and we care about attention to detail.
Quarterly Cash Performance Bonuses: Our projects are short, and this allows you to show impact fast through the quality of your solutions. We reward this through quarterly cash bonuses on top of your regular compensation.
What you’ll bring:
You might be a designer, frontend engineer, data visualization specialist, or something else:
- Passion for conceptualization and prototyping of creative and beautiful interaction tools that expose highly complex data and algorithms to business users
- Exceptional visual design skills and commitment; the ability to take beautiful design and turn it into accessible, persuasive, and elegant solutions.
- Interest and passion for data visualization, machine learning visualization, and human-computer interaction
- Experience in frontend development with React
- Experience with D3
- People skills that contribute to an open and collaborative environment
- Collaboration, rigorous thinking, and problem-solving.
The standard stuff:
- 3-5+ years experience in web development.
- Based in Europe or willing to work in the European time zone
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field, OR certified training equivalent.
- Expert working knowledge of React and D3.
- Knowledge of good UX/UI design principles and/or data visualization is highly preferable.
- Experience with front-end testing tools