THIS IS A REMOTE FULL-TIME (40 hours per week) CONTRACT OPPORTUNITY.
Candidate needs to be located in Amsterdam, Netherlands.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Our team at Kepler Fi is looking for an experienced Front End Developer to join our mission to disrupt traditional investment strategies. The successful candidate will work on Kepler’s DeciML project.
DeciML is a decision-making platform that is driven by machine learning and the latest research in the psychology of human judgment and decision making. The platform combines the best of human and machine intelligence, by taking advantage of the expertise and creativity of humans and the precision and computational power of machine learning. The result is an efficient cognitive division of labor between humans and computers.
We’re looking for a talented front-end developer with a solid understanding of React and D3 and a passion for creating innovative tools that provide the interface between decision-makers and machine learning algorithms. Candidates with some skill and experience in UI/UX design and/or data visualization methods are preferred.
- Develop high-quality and innovative front-end components using React and D3.
- Perform project tasks independently with some direction from project leads.
- Create tools that enhance user experience.
- Continuously prototype new ideas with the expectation that these prototypes will become live code quickly.
- Responsible for the independent creation of technical solutions and design and delivering that solution through documentation and code.
- Ability to use client input to create functional, creative, and user-friendly products.
- Ability to routinely test components for ease of use, speed, and other quality factors.
- 3-5+ years experience in web development.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field, OR certified training equivalent.
- Proven track record of delivering projects to multiple clients on time.
- Expert working knowledge of React and D3.
- Knowledge of good UX/UI design principles and/or data visualization is highly preferable.
- Some familiarity with Django is preferable.
- Analytical and detail-oriented.
- Flair for creative problem solving, both technical and design.
- Excellent technical and non-technical communication skills.
Kepler focuses on radical innovation in the world of investment management. We build and invest in cutting-edge technology with the potential to disrupt institutional asset management. As an autonomous division of GIC, one of the world’s largest sovereign wealth funds, Kepler is nimble and innovative in spirit. However, it possesses the backing to tackle monumental projects and have an enormous impact across industries. We strive to foster an intellectually challenging environment, where merit and contribution, not seniority, drive the discussion.
Kepler is an autonomous, wholly-owned subsidiary of GIC, the sovereign wealth fund of Singapore. GIC has over 1,400 employees managing well over $100B in assets. They have offices in Singapore, New York City, San Francisco, London, Mumbai, Beijing, Shanghai, Seoul, Tokyo, and São Paulo.