Platform Engineer: Providence, RI | Denver, CO
Kenzan works with a wide range of clients in different industries to help them build out scalable platforms and infrastructure as code. We work to understand the nature of their business, the challenges they face and how they are attempting to apply platform as a service as part of the solution. We also work with our partners in the open source community on projects like Spinnaker to build a better experience for all users.
At Kenzan, we create elegant software solutions that capture the eye and imagination. We pride ourselves on our kind and collaborative approach to difficult problems. If you are interested in joining our community of passionate and creative people, we’d like to hear from you.
What we’ll expect from you. We are looking for a Platform Engineer to help us continue to build a Platform As A Service on top of AWS using the NetflixOSS tool stack. The work involves building out and supporting development activities as well as building and documenting all aspects of the runtime platform to be handed off to operations and monitoring groups.
Some qualifications we are looking for.
- Cloud & Automation
- Experience with one or more IAAS providers – AWS (preferred), GCP or Azure
- Experience with one or more provisioners – Terraform, Ansible, Chef or Puppet
- Familiarity with containers/orchestration tools – Docker, ECS and Kubernetes
- Continuous Integration and Delivery (CI/CD)
- Experience with one or more integration tools – Spinnaker, Jenkins 2 or Bamboo
- Experience with one or more source control tools – Git/Github or Stash/Bitbucket
- Experience with build tools – Maven (preferred), Gradle, Make or GCC
- Experience with packaging tools – Yarn, NPM, RPM or FPM
- Experience building, installing, configuring, and patching software – By Hand
- Working knowledge of artifact repositories – Nexus or Artifactory
- Familiarity with discovery tools - Consul (preferred) or Etcd
- Experience with virtual networking – VPC, Subnets, Firewalling, Routing and NAT
- Working knowledge of load balancers – Elastic (ELB), Application (ALB) or other
- Working knowledge of domain services – Route 53 or Bind
- Working knowledge of proxy services – LinkerD, Varnish, Squid, or Nginx
- Familiarity with security best practices – AWS and OWASP
- Familiarity with access/identity tools – IAM, SSO, SAML/OAuth, AD or LDAP
- Familiarity with secrets management – Vault (Hashicorp) or S3
- Software & Frameworks
- Familiarity with app frameworks – NetflixOSS, NodeJS, Spring or Reactive
- Operating Systems
- Experience with runtime environments – Linux/Ubuntu and MacOS
- Experience with command shells – Bash and/or Powershell
- Experience with HTTP and RESTful request/response flow
- Understanding of Infrastructure as Code (IaC)
- Understanding of 12 Factor Apps (12FA)
- Understanding of what is required to be Cloud Native (CN)
- Understanding of the Systems Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- A bachelor’s degree in a related area and 2-4 years of experience in the field OR 4-6 years of experience in the field
- Availability to travel for client engagements, as needed (up to 25% listed for high travel position)
What you can expect from us. We offer a competitive salary, health benefits, and a 401K plan. Join our collaborative working environment with lots of natural light, and everything you need to be your best.
- Mentorship, and opportunities to grow and learn
- Collaboration with experienced professionals
- A supportive and non-competitive community
- Best-of-breed tools for resource management including your choice of machine (most of us use MacBook Pros or Lenovos running Ubuntu)
- Exposure to projects in a variety of different technology environments: web, TV and mobile, front- and back-end design, cloud infrastructure, DevOps, and Platform as a Service utilizing proprietary platforms and back-end administrative systems
- A commitment to your professional growth, including a stipend for coursework and professional development resources
One last thing, if you have a lot of these skills, but not all of them, please still apply. We love to teach those who are willing to learn.
More about us. Kenzan is a professional services company owned by Amdocs that specializes in digital transformation, application development, and architecture consulting. Combining leadership with technical expertise, Kenzan works with partners and clients to craft solutions that leverage cutting-edge technology, from ideation to development and delivery. We are highly collaborative, exceptionally detail-oriented, and love to be challenged. We use the latest technology including cloud infrastructure, containerization, and continuous integration and delivery tools.