This role is not currently open for hiring, but if you like what you see we’d love to be in touch. Read on for a detailed description of what we are looking for in our Platform Engineers.
Kenzan works with a wide range of clients in different industries to help them build out scalable platforms and infrastructure as code. We work to understand the nature of their business, the challenges they face, and how they are attempting to apply Platform as a Service as part of the solution. We also work with our partners in the open source community on projects like Spinnaker to build a better experience for all users.
What we’ll expect from you. Our Platform Engineers help us continue to build a Platform as a Service (PaaS) solution on AWS using the NetflixOSS tool stack. The work involves building out and supporting development activities, as well as building and documenting all aspects of the runtime platform to be handed off to operations and monitoring groups.
Some qualifications we are looking for.
- Cloud & Automation
- Experience with one or more IAAS providers – AWS (preferred), GCP, or Azure
- Experience with one or more provisioners – Terraform, Ansible, Chef, or Puppet
- Familiarity with containers/orchestration tools – Docker, ECS, and Kubernetes
- Continuous Integration and Delivery (CI/CD)
- Experience with one or more integration tools – Spinnaker, Jenkins 2, or Bamboo
- Experience with one or more source control tools – Git/Github or Stash/Bitbucket
- Experience with build tools – Maven (preferred), Gradle, Make, or GCC
- Experience with packaging tools – Yarn, NPM, RPM, or FPM
- Experience building, installing, configuring, and patching software by hand
- Working knowledge of artifact repositories – Nexus or Artifactory
- Familiarity with discovery tools - Consul (preferred) or Etcd
- Experience with virtual networking – VPC, Subnets, Firewalling, Routing, and NAT
- Working knowledge of load balancers – Elastic (ELB), Application (ALB), or other
- Working knowledge of domain services – Route 53 or Bind
- Working knowledge of proxy services – LinkerD, Varnish, Squid, or Nginx
- Familiarity with security best practices – AWS and OWASP
- Familiarity with access/identity tools – IAM, SSO, SAML/OAuth, AD ,or LDAP
- Familiarity with secrets management – Vault (Hashicorp) or S3
- Software & Frameworks
- Familiarity with app frameworks – NetflixOSS, NodeJS, Spring, or Reactive
- Operating Systems
- Experience with runtime environments – Linux/Ubuntu and m tacOS
- Experience with command shells – Bash and/or PowerShell
- Experience with HTTP and RESTful request/response flow
- Understanding of Infrastructure as Code (IaC)
- Understanding of 12 Factor Apps (12FA)
- Understanding of what is required to be Cloud Native (CN)
- Understanding of the Systems Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Availability to travel to partner and client sites
- A bachelor’s degree in a related area and 2+ years of experience in the field or 4+ years of experience in the field
- Availability to travel for client engagements as needed (25% listed for high travel position)
- Certifications are desirable.
One last thing, if you have a lot of these skills, but not all of them, please still apply. We love to teach those who are willing to learn.
More about us. Kenzan is a professional services company owned by Amdocs that specializes in digital transformation, application development, and architecture consulting. Combining leadership with technical expertise, Kenzan works with partners and clients to craft solutions that leverage cutting-edge technology, from ideation to development and delivery. We are highly collaborative, exceptionally detail-oriented, and love to be challenged. We use the latest technology including cloud infrastructure, containerization, and continuous integration and delivery tools.