Who We Are
KeepTruckin builds technology using the latest advancements in AI and computer vision to improve the safety and efficiency of businesses with vehicles. Over one million drivers and 100,000 companies across every industry trust KeepTruckin’s integrated platform to power their operations, prevent accidents and reduce costs.
At KeepTruckin, we see our hard work rewarded in tangible ways every day, and we believe that intelligence is most powerful when paired with humility. We’re motivated by the opportunity to save lives on the road while impacting and improving every facet of multiple trillion-dollar industries that keep our physical economy moving. KeepTruckin is proud to be a Forbes Cloud 100 company, Forbes Best Startup Employer 2020, and an Inc Magazine Best Place to Work.
About the Role
We are looking to bring on our first Service Designer to join our growing and dynamic design organization. The role will be responsible for leveraging a combination of qualitative and quantitative research methodologies, strong analytical skills, deft stakeholder management, deep systems thinking, great storytelling ability, and a keen design sensibility to envision, plan, and create the foundational principles and blueprints that ensure a holistic and consistent customer experience for a complex technology platform spanning across multiple industry verticals and market segments.
Projects can range from understanding and improving existing experiences, designing new experiences and service models, to northstar vision-type initiatives.
The role will report directly to our VP of Design.
What You’ll Do
- Use qualitative and quantitative research methods to investigate and document key customer journeys to identify pain points, gaps, inconsistencies and opportunities in the CX
- Partner with analytics, data scientist and customer success teams to define and collect various metrics to triangulate research data, uncover insights and inform service and design solutions
- Provide deep documentation and analysis of competitive products
- Work across a cross-functional team of stakeholders to understand, document and analyze business processes and workflows
- Apply end-to-end systems thinking across the entire experience from acquisition through retention
- Identify and prioritize the most impactful opportunities and share recommendations with various department leads.
- Leverage strong storytelling skills to make complex ideas understandable, and recommendations actionable through diagrams, journey maps, empathy maps, storyboards, prototypes, and service blueprints.
- Plan, facilitate, and run workshops/co-design sessions with various cross-functional teams and customers
- Articulate the before, during and after in the CX and think through experience interdependencies across touchpoints, channels, frontstage, backstage, and systems.
- Supporting teams and organisations to develop the cultural conditions, practices, and rituals to design user-centred services
- Be aware of and plan for design’s role in impacting and creating unintended consequences across the environmental, social, and economic spectrum
What We’re Looking For
- 5+ years of experience working in service design, user experience and user research roles.
- Ability to navigate a large complex organization and collaborate with an interdisciplinary team across product, design, engineering, sales, marketing, support, and operations.
- Excellent storytelling skills with a portfolio highlighting service, systems, and UX design documentation
- Experience working in the technology space within a complex business sector servicing multiple verticals, segments, and multi-sided marketplaces
- Proven expertise in planning and facilitating design sprints, workshops, or ideation sessions.
- Deep expertise in design thinking/human-centered design
- Self-direction, ownership, and navigating ambiguity
- Experience crafting a project vision, execution strategy and client relationship
- A passion for creating new methods and practices
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of KeepTruckin's core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.