Who We Are
KeepTruckin builds technology using the latest advancements in AI and computer vision to improve the safety and efficiency of businesses with vehicles. Over one million drivers and 100,000 companies across every industry trust KeepTruckin’s integrated platform to power their operations, prevent accidents and reduce costs.
At KeepTruckin, we see our hard work rewarded in tangible ways every day, and we believe that intelligence is most powerful when paired with humility. We’re motivated by the opportunity to save lives on the road while impacting and improving every facet of multiple trillion-dollar industries that keep our physical economy moving. KeepTruckin is proud to be a Forbes Cloud 100 company, Forbes Best Startup Employer 2020, and an Inc Magazine Best Place to Work.
Who We Are:
KeepTruckin is on a mission to modernize the trucking industry. With the leading fleet management platform, we are bringing trucks online and fundamentally changing the way freight is moved on our roads.
We see our hard work rewarded in tangible ways every day and we believe that intelligence is most powerful when paired with humility. We’re motivated by the opportunity to impact and improve every facet of a trillion-dollar industry that touches everyone’s lives. KeepTruckin is proud to be a Forbes Cloud 100 company and a 2020 Career-Launching Company by Wealthfront.
About the Role:
In this General Manager role, you will be a key leader of the Hardware Development team at KeepTruckin, working in APAC to lead a matrixed team of engineers in the region working on NPI and sustaining projects. The team you will be working with consists of EE, ME, TPM, FW, Quality, Manufacturing, Supply Chain among other growing functions. You will function as the overall office leader: provide mentorship, create and manage a budget, be a point of escalation, be the conduit between HQ and TW.
What You’ll Do:
- Coach and lead NPI teams in the development of new products
- Act as the overall site leader: site meetings, 1:1s, social gatherings, etc.
- Provide coaching and mentorship for team members
- Remove obstacles for the team.
- Develop strong relationships and work collaboratively with cross-functional partners
- Develop and manage the contingent workforce strategy in the region.
- Develop strong executive-level relationships with key suppliers/partners in the region.
What We’re Looking For:
- Masters Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Physics
- 10 years above experience as a hardware engineer
- Experience in developing and shipping innovative products with high complexity.
- Deep understanding of the technical and operational processes required to ensure the successful ramp-up of new products and new technologies into the production phase.
- Experience acting as a lead in the region in a similar role.
- Experience dealing and co-work with the manufactory and partners with shipping hardware at scale.
- Strong background in hardware development and manufacturing.
- Experience dealing and managing CMs and partners with shipping hardware at scale.
- Exceptional people management and leadership skills.
- Fluent in English and Mandarin, verbal and written.