Who We Are
KeepTruckin builds technology using the latest advancements in AI and computer vision to improve the safety and efficiency of businesses with vehicles. Over one million drivers and 100,000 companies across every industry trust KeepTruckin’s integrated platform to power their operations, prevent accidents and reduce costs.
At KeepTruckin, we see our hard work rewarded in tangible ways every day, and we believe that intelligence is most powerful when paired with humility. We’re motivated by the opportunity to save lives on the road while impacting and improving every facet of multiple trillion-dollar industries that keep our physical economy moving. KeepTruckin is proud to be a Forbes Cloud 100 company, Forbes Best Startup Employer 2020, and an Inc Magazine Best Place to Work.
About the Role:
As an Automotive Research Engineer, you will be a key member of the Vehicle Data Team shaping the way we interact with in-field vehicles. Both an exceptional technical engineer and self-starter, you are able to use data analytics, in-field testing, and technical research to unravel the mysteries of proprietary vehicle data. You will design, execute, and test complex embedded features on a range of platforms from bare metal, RTOS, and Linux, to mobile OS and cloud.
This role will unlock key data fields from connected vehicles both onsite and remotely. You understand computers, networked topologies, vehicle communication technologies, data analytics, and practical test methods. You have a natural curiosity to understand how modern machines work and subsystems integrate together. The ability to work in a collaborative environment and agile team is a must. This role offers immense career advancement and the opportunity to work with cutting-edge technology.
Learn more about our work culture and team members on this profile of our team here.
What You’ll Do:
- Expand on the data set of the KT vehicle platform through reverse engineering.
- Interact with vehicles of all forms and functions (commercial, construction, personal) employing a wide range of technologies including diesel, electric, and hybrid.
- Conduct data analysis on large datasets, and review OEM technical documentation and infield testing to identify critical data fields.
- Design and develop high-performance software to filter and reduce massive datasets to understand patterns and anomalies.
- Create further efficiency and efficacy of our reverse engineering goals by designing and developing software tooling.
What We’re Looking For:
- 4+ years of experience in vehicle engineering, diagnostics, or data analysis
- Degree or qualification in Automotive, Electrical, or equivalent experience
- Experience with automotive diagnostic communication protocols such as SAE J1939, SAE J1979, UDS 14229, ISO 27145 WWH-OBD, ISO 15765.
- Extensive experience with data analysis concepts and languages (Python, R, SQL, etc..)
- Experience with common networking physical layers including CAN, RS-232/485, SAE J1708, and Ethernet.
- Superb problem-solving abilities and a clear head to make in-field decisions.
- Self-starter with the tenacity to understand how systems work and to understand root causes
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of KeepTruckin's core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
Please do not let an arrest or conviction record prevent you from applying for employment at KT. KT considers qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.