Who We Are
KeepTruckin builds technology using the latest advancements in AI and computer vision to improve the safety and efficiency of businesses with vehicles. Over one million drivers and 100,000 companies across every industry trust KeepTruckin’s integrated platform to power their operations, prevent accidents and reduce costs.
At KeepTruckin, we see our hard work rewarded in tangible ways every day, and we believe that intelligence is most powerful when paired with humility. We’re motivated by the opportunity to save lives on the road while impacting and improving every facet of multiple trillion-dollar industries that keep our physical economy moving. KeepTruckin is proud to be a Forbes Cloud 100 company, Forbes Best Startup Employer 2020, and an Inc Magazine Best Place to Work.
About the Job:
We are looking for a result-driven team leader to be responsible for monitoring and supervising a team to achieve the organization’s objectives and goals. Reports directly to the manager, and works closely with the Research & Development (R&D) Team. The annotation Team Lead will be working hand in hand with the team and Supporting them all around. Will be responsible for the team's performance, career development, coaching, mentoring, onboarding and engagement. The individual will be responsible for finding areas of improvement in our processes, operations, and coming forward with solutions and ideas.
This role requires strong leadership skills, excellent execution skills, strong operational fundamentals, Preferred to have experience with SQL and Google products. As a Team Lead, you will need to be able to effectively coach to the overall quality of work and team environment.
- Operations Management: Managing Ops channels.
- Create an inspiring team environment: Managing a team of upto 20 employees (called a POD). Keeping their morale and motivation high and truly being there for them in their need. This also includes ensuring a strong pod culture where everyone’s ideas are respected and heard.
- Training and development: Providing Training and technical assistance to new and existing employees.
- Effective Communication Skills: Conducting weekly sessions with the entire POD and biweekly sessions with individual team members. Exceptional verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills and strong follow-ups.
- Team performance assessment: Assessing individual performance of team members and overall performance of the team/POD. Accountable for driving your team's performance to consistently meet or exceed quota and activity expectations.
- Stakeholder Communication: You’ll be working with Product, Engineering and R&D on side projects. This role will require extensive collaboration with RnD Engineers working on data problems for which the team annotates data.
- Two-way feedback: Gathering feedback and ideas from team members about new additions or changes to the pre-existing processes. This will help ensure continuous improvement in processes.
- Hierarchical communication & collaboration: Collaborating with the team Coordinator to discuss team performance, performance metrics, team member issues, ensure that things run smoothly.
- Build and maintain a productive and Fun Team: Organizing/managing social activities for/with team members. Ensuring a healthy team environment with team bonding activities and fun.
- Helpfulness & approachability: Help and resolve problems of team members. Conflict resolution, if one ever arises. Should be passionate for people management and keen eye for understanding motivation and drive within others.
- Work under pressure: Ability to work under pressure, managing multiple projects in parallel, often under tight deadlines.
- Leave Management: The processes and policies of managing employee time-off requests, such as vacation, holidays, sick leave, and parental leave.
What We’re Looking For:
- A bachelor's degree in computer sciences, business, finance or relevant field.
- 1 year experience in a current role, preferably with prior experience in a leadership role.
- Must be a people person, with thorough troubleshooting skills.
- Possess excellent leadership skills and people management skills Organizational, time management and decision-making skills.
- The employee will be expected to mentor the team members and demonstrate exceptional learning agility, creativity and problem-solving ability.
- Must possess a diagnostic approach to assist our internal stakeholders
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Possess excellent verbal & written communication skills.
- Ability to think out of the box.
- Knowledge of SQL and G Suite.
- Fluency and eloquence in English are required.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to discuss complex technical issues with both technical and non-technical teams
- Ability to manage multiple high-priority tasks simultaneously and work independently with limited supervision
- Preferable - BS in Engineering (Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field) and/or Business
- Advocate for the User: Do they seek to provide value to clients/users (internal/external)? Is this someone who can put the needs of the end users first?
- Follow Through: Have they shown they can complete projects + take ownership? Is this someone who is reliable, takes initiative, exercises good judgment, and sees things to completion?
- Create Trust: How do they collaborate with others? Is this someone who can collaborate effectively, build relationships, and foster a respectful environment?
- Embrace Diversity: Have they shown that they will create an inclusive environment + try to understand the viewpoints of others? Is this someone who displays empathy, emotional intelligence, and is self-aware/inclusive?
- Be Transparent: Do they encourage transparent communication within their team? Is this someone who can communicate in an open/candid manner?
- Seek Improvement: Do they reflect on prior work experiences? How have they learned/improved as a result? Is this someone with a growth mindset and are they always looking to up-level themselves + their teams?
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of KeepTruckin's core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.