Who We Are
KeepTruckin builds technology using the latest advancements in AI and computer vision to improve the safety and efficiency of businesses with vehicles. Over one million drivers and 100,000 companies across every industry trust KeepTruckin’s integrated platform to power their operations, prevent accidents and reduce costs.
At KeepTruckin, we see our hard work rewarded in tangible ways every day, and we believe that intelligence is most powerful when paired with humility. We’re motivated by the opportunity to save lives on the road while impacting and improving every facet of multiple trillion-dollar industries that keep our physical economy moving. KeepTruckin is proud to be a Forbes Cloud 100 company, Forbes Best Startup Employer 2020, and an Inc Magazine Best Place to Work.
About the Job:
KeepTruckin is looking for Research Scientist(s) and Engineer(s) to design, develop, and build computer vision and machine learning technologies for driver and fleet safety systems for our 470K+ drivers and 90K+ fleets. You will work on hardware/software products enabled by the AI/ML technologies you build.
As a Research Scientist, you will own and drive the key vision and machine learning product components and services, building solid AI products, deploying them at scale, and solving a very meaningful problem.
KeepTruckin’s perception team is responsible for building the core machine vision components that enable KT’s AI products. The team is responsible for 3 main areas: 1. Researching and building new ML Models and novel Vision algorithms to enable KT AI Products. 2. Deploying the models and maintaining the performance of models in the field 3. Owning and deploying the deployment of the ML models and vision algorithms on embedded devices to enable AI on the Edge.
What You’ll Do:
- Research and prototype novel computer vision algorithms and deep learning models
- Improve the performance of our models and algorithms already in production
- Convert research prototypes into production systems and AI products
- Collaborate with other researchers and engineers in cross-functional teams to develop experiments, prototype, analyze results, figure out how well a particular algorithm or a model is performing in the field, and propose solutions.
- Solve challenging object detection, segmentation, recognition, depth/distance estimation, and geometric computer vision problems.
What We’re Looking For:
- PhD in Computer Vision, Machine Learning, or related field
- Hands-on experience with training frameworks and tools (TensorFlow | Pytorch | Caffe)
- Proven track record of innovation and achieving significant results, demonstrated by first-authored top-tier publications at conferences such as CVPR, ICCV, and ECCV
- Strong programming skills in Python or C++
- Strong communication skills. The ability to explain the analysis, complex computer vision/ML concepts to a broad technical audience
- Balance building highly accurate and advanced solutions and swiftly shipping things to production
- Keep pace with advancements in Computer Vision and Deep Learning relevant to our activities
- Experience driving a research prototype to a scalable production system is a strong plus.
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of KeepTruckin's core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.