Who We Are
KeepTruckin builds technology using the latest advancements in AI and computer vision to improve the safety and efficiency of businesses with vehicles. Over one million drivers and 100,000 companies across every industry trust KeepTruckin’s integrated platform to power their operations, prevent accidents and reduce costs.
At KeepTruckin, we see our hard work rewarded in tangible ways every day, and we believe that intelligence is most powerful when paired with humility. We’re motivated by the opportunity to save lives on the road while impacting and improving every facet of multiple trillion-dollar industries that keep our physical economy moving. KeepTruckin is proud to be a Forbes Cloud 100 company, Forbes Best Startup Employer 2020, and an Inc Magazine Best Place to Work.
About the Role:
KeepTruckin is looking for a Head of Engineering, New Products who is passionate about developing new functionality and managing operations. We need an experienced and ambitious technology leader who can think strategically & architecturally, articulate a compelling long-term technical vision, develop and execute realistic implementation plans, effectively support business operations, and manage our Engineering team.
What You’ll Do:
- Define and implement a technology vision, incl. make/buy decisions for all business-critical systems and applications, that supports an ambitious business strategy of profitable growth
- Manage product and business outcomes of the engineering teams
- Develop a long-term product roadmap in collaboration with cross-functional teams
- Lead technical design discussions by collaborating with multiple teams
- Drive the execution, launch, and daily operations of functionalities for internal/external customers and vendors at consistently high qualityIntroduce and continuously evolve cutting-edge development, release, and operations processes
- Develop, document, and improve best practices and coding standards
- Hire, manage, and develop a diverse team of highly qualified Engineers. This includes providing expert technical guidance, effective coaching and career development
- As needed, contribute to development tasks such as coding and feature verifications to assist teams with release commitments, to gain and deepen an understanding of our codebase and business processes
What We’re Looking For:
- BS in Engineering or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of experience in Software Engineering or related domains
- Has experience working in high-throughput and low-latency systems
- 3+ years of experience managing 10+ engineers
- Have technical depth and breadth in the following areas: agile product development, distributed systems, infrastructure, cloud computing, build tools, front-end engineering, mobile, QA.
- Ability to perform architectural work, including the development of technical designs and definition of requirements based on an explanation of business issues experienced by internal/external customers and vendors
- Proven track record as a nimble and proactive thinker and doer, who thrives in an environment that demands excellence
- A high degree of comfort with short release cycles, owning the full software lifecycle, and deep experience working on a product for public consumption
- Passion for continuous experimentation and learning, coupled with a desire to make things run faster, better, and cheaper
- Demonstrated success in hiring, managing, motivating, and promoting skilled Engineers
- An opinion on and a solid understanding of what makes for a strong, healthy, and productive Engineering culture
- A track record as a strong individual contributor earlier in your career, with continued interest in rolling up your sleeves and pitch in with coding yourself when needed
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of KeepTruckin's core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Please do not let an arrest or conviction record prevent you from applying for employment at KT. KT considers qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.