Who We Are
KeepTruckin builds technology using the latest advancements in AI and computer vision to improve the safety and efficiency of businesses with vehicles. Over one million drivers and 100,000 companies across every industry trust KeepTruckin’s integrated platform to power their operations, prevent accidents and reduce costs.
At KeepTruckin, we see our hard work rewarded in tangible ways every day, and we believe that intelligence is most powerful when paired with humility. We’re motivated by the opportunity to save lives on the road while impacting and improving every facet of multiple trillion-dollar industries that keep our physical economy moving. KeepTruckin is proud to be a Forbes Cloud 100 company, Forbes Best Startup Employer 2020, and an Inc Magazine Best Place to Work.
About the job:
We’re looking for a Data Science Manager to lead a team that builds machine learning models on vehicle telematics and geospatial data. As a people manager, you will be responsible for the experience of your team. The ideal candidate is extremely other-oriented and optimizes for developing and enabling their employees. This means communicating constantly, maintaining relationships with a wide variety of technical and business stakeholders, and thinking two steps ahead in order to anticipate problems before they happen. Lastly, we expect this person to review code on a daily basis, and get their hands dirty with technical work from time to time. You’ll embed yourself deep in the world of trucking and help understand the forces that govern it. Working with geospatial, transportation, and economic data, you’ll help optimize the way freight moves around the world.
- Hire and develop exceptional data scientists
- Build and maintain great relationships with product managers, engineers and business stakeholders
- Manage up and down - keep a steady pulse on the team and work to prevent organizational blockers before they happen
- Review team members’ work and help to raise the quality bar by providing concrete, expert technical feedback
- Educate and steer the organization towards adopting a more data-driven approach
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a quantitative field, e.g. Computer Science, Math, Economics, or Statistics
- 5+ years experience in data science, machine learning, and data analysis
- At least 2+ years of managerial experience
- Experience in applied probability and statistics
- Deep understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms
- Expertise in data-oriented programming (e.g. SQL) and statistical programming (e.g., Python, R). PySpark experience is a plus.
KeepTruckin is a rapidly growing startup headquartered in San Francisco. We offer fantastic benefits, a phenomenal office culture, unlimited PTO, and a stocked kitchen with catered lunches daily.
Please do not let an arrest or conviction record prevent you from applying for employment at KT. KT considers qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.