Who We Are
KeepTruckin builds technology using the latest advancements in AI and computer vision to improve the safety and efficiency of businesses with vehicles. Over one million drivers and 100,000 companies across every industry trust KeepTruckin’s integrated platform to power their operations, prevent accidents and reduce costs.
At KeepTruckin, we see our hard work rewarded in tangible ways every day, and we believe that intelligence is most powerful when paired with humility. We’re motivated by the opportunity to save lives on the road while impacting and improving every facet of multiple trillion-dollar industries that keep our physical economy moving. KeepTruckin is proud to be a Forbes Cloud 100 company, Forbes Best Startup Employer 2020, and an Inc Magazine Best Place to Work.
About the Job:
As a Software Engineer, you will be involved and responsible for full ownership and driving key data platform initiatives and life cycle of the data management including data ingestion, data processing, data storage, querying system, cost reduction efforts towards delivering product features to internal and external KT customers.
We are looking for strong engineers to grow our Data & ML Platform team. The Data & ML Platform team is responsible for driving the KT’s Data, ML, and Mapping vision. The team works in three areas: 1. Building a data platform for data ingest, access, processing, and the querying system to enable KT product features. 2. Building the ML platform for AI/ML Inference and Training working with the \computer vision team. 3. Building mapping services working with the Data Science team and our backend product teams.
- Leading and driving from requirements, scoping, design, development, deployment of data management systems and infrastructure for building and supporting new features.
- Scaling up the ingestion pipeline, data quality, processing system while maintaining SLAs on performance, reliability, and system availability.
- Measuring and continuously improving ETL execution times, cost of running data processing jobs in production, rate of experimentation, reducing iteration time to help you and the teams make better decisions about how and what we build and try next.
- Leading new design and data architecture for near real-time features.
- Minimum 4 to 5 years of experience in Big Data Development & Management
- Strong background in Python development with Linux
- Experience in designing, implementing, and supporting highly scalable data systems and services in Java, Python, and/or Scala
- Experience building & running large-scale data pipelines and using technologies like Kafka, Spark, Airflow
- Experience in data modeling and data architecture optimized for big data patterns.
- Experience with CICD using Prow / ArgoCD or other related technologies, or other related technologies.
- Familiarity with a containerized platform like Docker and Kubernetes
- Excellent automation, debugging, and troubleshooting skills.
- Good understanding of operations and building distributed systems at scale.
- Excellent verbal and written skills. You collaborate effectively with other teams and communicate clearly about your work.
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of KeepTruckin's core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.