Who We Are:
KeepTruckin is on a mission to modernize the trucking industry. With the leading fleet management platform, we are bringing trucks online and fundamentally changing the way freight is moved on our roads.
We see our hard work rewarded in tangible ways every day and we believe that intelligence is most powerful when paired with humility. We’re motivated by the opportunity to impact and improve every facet of a trillion-dollar industry that touches everyone’s lives. KeepTruckin is proud to be a Forbes Cloud 100 company, a 2020 Career-Launching Company by Wealthfront and named a Forbes Best Startup Employer 2020.
About the Role:
We’re seeking a Staff/Lead Product Designer to join our team in Islamabad. You’ll collaborate with a cross-functional technology and operations team to identify and understand customer problems and translate them into innovative and impactful solutions across our ecosystem of fleet and freight management products. You will drive innovation for both long-haul trucking and local commercial vehicles across areas including safety, compliance, real-time tracking, asset management, maintenance, fuel, utilization, and dispatch.
Staff designers sit towards the pinnacle of the individual contributor path, and you will be responsible for some core organizational initiatives. First, is working broadly across the entire design organization, but especially in Pakistan, to establish a high bar for quality and execution through effective creative direction, process, and mentorship. Secondly, you will help contribute to, evolve, and evangelize the next generation of our design system for mobile and web surfaces. And finally, you will partner directly with designers working on the most challenging and impactful design problems to ensure their success.
What You'll Do:
- Shape strategy and direction for the highest priority product investments, and connect-the-dots across disparate product areas to uncover patterns and opportunities
- Think in terms of broad platform and systems strategy rather than siloed features
- Establish a high bar for design quality across the company that aligns with our brand
- Understand customer and business problems through research and data, and own design problems end to end, from initial concept through execution and beyond, building alignment and articulating vision through strong storytelling and presentations skills
- Become a key thought partner to your counterparts in product, engineering, and ops, and partner with engineering to develop and deploy a componentized design system, while mentoring other designers and contribute to the overall design culture of the company
What We're Looking For:
- 8+ years of experience in User Experience, Interaction, and Interface design
- Experience leading complex web or mobile projects with a cross-functional team, and working with or creating design systems and frameworks
- Ability to generate detailed design concepts, documentation, and prototypes, along with a design portfolio that showcases proficient design skills, product thinking, and problem-solving
- Demonstrate excellent written, verbal, and visual communication skills
- Ability to be comfortable with and navigate an industry undergoing disruption, with an unbounded curiosity and sense of adventure
- At ease working with a cadence that syncs regularly with teams based in California
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of KeepTruckin's core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.