Who we are:
KeepTruckin is on a mission to modernize the trucking industry. With the leading fleet management platform, we are bringing trucks online and fundamentally changing the way freight is moved on our roads.
At KeepTruckin, we see our hard work rewarded in tangible ways every day and we believe that intelligence is most powerful when paired with humility. We’re motivated by the opportunity to impact and improve every facet of a trillion-dollar industry that touches everyone’s lives. KeepTruckin is proud to be a Forbes Cloud 100 company and recognized by Glassdoor as a “Best Place to Work” in 2019.
We are looking for people from all backgrounds who want to make an impact on the millions of drivers who keep our world moving. Together, we laugh hard, snack harder and work together to drive innovation at the intersection of tech and transportation.
About the Job:
KeepTruckin is a San Francisco based startup with a Buffalo, NY based Embedded Software Team. This is a rare opportunity to work in the fast paced, cutting edge startup industry, complete with startup office culture and work processes from the convenience of a Western New York location.
The Embedded Software Team is a diverse team of highly skilled engineers applying industry leading technologies to develop best in class automotive IoT devices. Our fleet of IoT devices generate 50 million messages each day containing the health of our hardware, software and customer vehicles. Metrics from this data provide critical feedback to the software, hardware, product, QA, customer support, sales manager and senior leadership. Teams use this data for actionable decisions that can improve product quality, customer satisfaction and profitability. We are looking for Data Analysts who provide this critical data in visualizations for stakeholders.
Primary tasks include working with RDD’s and InfluxDBs, using SQL and InfluxQL and creating visualizations in Looker and Redash. Additional tasks involve ETL, creating dynamic tables using Spark, data processing in Python, interfacing with our backend and data platform teams and providing metrics for adjacent teams.
- Review and update queries and visualizations for correctness and consistency
- Familiarize with existing data platform ecosystem
- Familiarize with product and data parameters
- Interact with San Francisco based data platform and backend team
- Work in industry standard JIRA ticket based work system
- Process data from AWS S3, AWS datalake, Snowflake, RDD and InfluxDB
- Work with industry standard ETL tools
- Learn and develop Spark programs to create dynamic tables
- Review existing queries and schemas and provide inputs query and schema modifications to optimize and accelerate metrics calculations
- Develop queries and visualizations in Looker and Redash
- Develop QL software in controlled GitHub environment
- Proficient in SQL
- Familiar with data visualization tools
- Strong academic understanding of schema design concepts
- Ability to interpret requests from non-technical individuals into data analyst task requirements
- Applied Database
- Big Data Analytics
- Data warehouse
- Data Visualization
- Postgres DB
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to diversity in the workforce. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally recognized basis, including, but not limited to; race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 and over), national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.